The boring stuff
wePapers is a free document management and sharing service. This policy describes the types of personal information we may collect and how we use it to provide the wePapers service.
We respect your privacy. We will not give, sell or rent your email address to any third party and at time, for any reason.
When you register with wePapers, we ask your name, email address and your account password. From time to time, we use your email address to send you administrative email messages – we try to keep these to a minimum.
By using wePapers, you agree to the collection and use of your personal information as described further below. You should know:
* When you visit this website, we collect your browser information (which typically includes browser type, version, host operating system and browser language) and IP address. We also send you a cookie or more for this purpose. This information is gathered from all of our visitors. To access some of the services we offer, you will, from time to time, be asked to submit personal information about yourself. We store this information on our secure servers.
* We will never rent, sell or share information that personally identifies you for marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
* You can update your account information and preferences at any time.
* We also may collect information about the use of your account, such as how much storage you are using, how often you log in and other information related to your registration and use of wePapers. Information displayed or clicked on in your wePapers account is also recorded. We use this information internally to deliver the best possible service to you, such as improving the wePapers website and UI.
* To comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, at this time wePapers is only available to users who are at least 13 years old. If you are under 13, please do not use the wePapers service.
* Should you choose to include additional personal information (such as your age, city, academic affiliation and country ) to be displayed on your user profile on our website we will necessarily process these details.
* If you make any postings to public areas, such as forums, Q&A, or by providing content, then this information will be stored on our databases for public viewing, and in such case any personally identifiable information you submit will be publicly available and can be read, collected and used by other users, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages.
* When you send email or other communication to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We won’t share any information you send to us in those communications with any third parties.
* We may share with third parties certain pieces of non-personal information. That information will not identify you, the individual, in any way.
When you use your wePapers account, we collect certain information, as described above (the same information that most web sites log when they are accessed). As a basic matter, we need this information to help us provide our services to you.
In addition, we log this information for security, audit, quality improvement, and other internal business purposes.
How wePapers may contact you
wePapers may send you information related to your wePapers account or wePapers services. We try to keep these to a minimum. Because we believe such information is important, you will not be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them at this time.
Transfer of information
Personal information collected by wePapers may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which wePapers maintains facilities. By using wePapers, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Updating your information
You can change your wePapers account settings at any time in the “Settings” section of your account.
The services are offered by wePapers, located at wepapers.com, Metudela 3A Jerusalem, Israel. E-mail: [email protected] We hope you will enjoy using wePapers.
Copyright Policy – Notice of Claims of Copyright Infringement
wePapers’ policy respects the legitimate rights of copyright and other intellectual proterty owners. Abiding the DMCA (the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 USC Section 512), wePapers has a designated agent who receives notifications of claimed copyright infringement on wePapers.com. We strictly enforce our copyright policy, and may terminate subscriptions of “serial infringers”.
If you believe that your intellectual property has violated and your copyrightsyou’re your work have been infringed, please provide our copyright agent with the following information, in accordance with the DMCA:
1. An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
2. a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that You claim has been infringed;
3. a description of where the material that You claim is infringing is located on the wePapers Site, with enough detail that We may find it on our Site; providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly;
4. Your address, telephone number, and email address;
5. a statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. a statement by You, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in Your notice is accurate and that You are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
wePapers’ agent for claims of copyright and intellectual property infringement should be reached as follows:
Telephone: +972 5 4847 299
Telephone: +1 617 326 7913
E-mail: [email protected]
Please also note that under Section 512(f) any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability. Counter-Notification. If you believe that the documents you posted was removed by mistake, and that you have the right to post the documents, you may send us a counter notice. To be effective the counter-notification must be a written communication provided to our designated agent that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(g)(3) to confirm these requirements):
1. A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber.
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled. Providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly.
3. A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
4. The subscriber’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of infringement or an agent of such person.
Such written notice should be sent to our designated agent as follows:
Telephone: +972 5 4847 299
Telephone: +1 617 326 7913
E-mail: [email protected]
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
We apologize for any kind of abuse of our service and promise to do our best endeavours to find and terminate copyright-infringing files.
Although we may attempt to notify you via email when major changes are made, you should visit this page periodically to review the terms. wePapers may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these terms and conditions and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. If you do not accept and abide by this Agreement, you may not use the wePapers service. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third party rights or benefits.
1. Description of Service. wePapers (“WEPAPERS”, “wePapers”, “this website”) is a free document management ad sharing application (the “Service”). You understand and agree that the Service is provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis. wePapers disclaims all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Service. wePapers also reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Service with or without notice at any time and without any liability to you.
2. Personal Use. The Service is made available to you for your personal and academic use only. Due to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (which is available at http://www.ftc.gov/ogc/coppa1.htm), you must be at least thirteen (13) years of age to use this Service. You must provide current, accurate identification, contact, and other information that may be required as part of the registration process and/or continued use of the Service. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Service password and account, and are responsible for all activities that occur thereunder. wePapers reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time without notice for any reason. wePapers holds the right to permanently remove and/or delete any published material from its site for any reason what-so-ever at its own discretion and at any time, and will not notify the uploaders.
5. Third Party Content. wePapers takes no responsibility for third party content (including, without limitation, any viruses or other disabling features, resulting from the links to such third party reference sites accessed through links found on the wePapers website), nor does wePapers have any obligation to monitor such third party content. Access and use of reference sites, including the information, materials, products and services on or available through such sites is solely at your own risk.
6. Right to delete and remove. wePapers reserves the right at all times to remove or refuse to distribute any content on the Service, such as content which violates the terms of this Agreement. wePapers also reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as it reasonably believes is necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) enforce this Agreement, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (d) respond to user support requests, or (e) protect the rights, property or safety of wePapers, its users and the public. wePapers will not be responsible or liable for the exercise or non-exercise of its rights under this Agreement.
7. Intellectual Property Rights. wePapers’ Intellectual Property Rights. You acknowledge that wePapers owns all right, title and interest in and to the Service, including without limitation all intellectual property rights (the “wePapers rights”), and such wePapers Rights are protected by international intellectual property laws. Accordingly, you agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, or create derivative works from the Service. You also agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automated device, or manual process to monitor or copy any content from the Service. The wePapers Rights include rights to (i) the Service developed and provided by wePapers; (ii) the Service developed and provided by Intertech Ltd. (Israel) for wePapers; and (iii) all software associated with the Service.
Your Intellectual Property Rights. wePapers does not claim any ownership in any of the content that you upload, post, display or transmit or store in your wePapers account. You or a third party licensor, as appropriate, retain all patent, trademark and copyright to any Content you upload, transmit, or display on or through wePapers services and you are responsible for protecting those rights, as appropriate. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any Content submitted. You may submit, post, and display any materials on or through the wePapers service or wePapers.com under a public license (e.g. a Creative Commons license), whether by manually marking your materials as such or using wePapers service tools to do so. For avoidance of doubt, wePapers is not a party to any such public license between you and any third party. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights or any other damage resulting from any submission or upload that you make. You represent and warrant that you own all material submitted and/or uploaded by you on or through wePapers or otherwise have the right to grant the licenses to wePapers, and the publishing of material uploaded and/or submitted by you on or through this website does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights or any other rights of any person or entity. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees and damages owing any person by reason of any material submitted and/or uploaded by you to or through the wePapers service.
8. User’s submission limitations. When submitting and/or uploading material to this website, you agree not to, without limitation:
Abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others. Use racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive language. Discuss or incite illegal activity. Use explicit/obscene language or submit/upload sexually explicit images. Submit and/or upload anything that exploits children or minors or that depicts cruelty to animals. Disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials such as ’spam’, or any other form of such solicitation. Take any action that forces an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the wePapers infrastructure. This list of prohibitions provides examples and is not complete or exclusive.
9. Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that (a) all of the information provided by you to wePapers to participate in the Services is correct and current; and (b) you have all necessary right, power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to perform the acts required of you hereunder.
11. Account Inactivity. After a period of inactivity, whereby a user fails to login to an account for a period of four months, wePapers reserves the right to disable or terminate the account. If an account has been deactivated for inactivity, the username associated with that account may be given to another user without notice to you or such other party.
12. Termination; Cancellation. You may cancel your use of the Services and/or terminate this Agreement with or without cause at any time by providing notice to wePapers at [email protected]; provided, however, that a terminated account may continue to exist for up to eight business days before such cancellation takes effect. wePapers may at any time and for any reason terminate the Services, terminate this Agreement, or suspend or terminate your account. In the event of termination, your account will be disabled and you may not be granted access to your account or any files or other content contained in your account although residual copies of information may remain in our system. Except as set forth above or unless wePapers has previously canceled or terminated your use of the Services (in which case subsequent notice by wePapers shall not be required), wePapers will notify you via email of any such termination or cancellation, which shall be effective immediately upon wePapers’ delivery of such notice.
If you violate these Terms, wePapers may terminate and/or suspend your access to this Site without notice. Nevertheless, wePapers does prefer to provide you with a warning notice before such steps are taken.
If wePapers terminates your access to the Site, wePapers may delete your user profile but will not be obligated to delete any Submissions that you have provided in connection with the Site. wePapers has the right to terminate any password-restricted account for any reason.
13. Indemnification. You agree to hold harmless and indemnify wePapers, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the Service, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, wePapers will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
14. Disclaimer of Warranties. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER THE MATERIALS, CONTENT, USER SUBMISSIONS NOR THE THIRD PARTY CONTENT HAVE BEEN VERIFIED OR AUTHENTICATED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY WEPAPERS, AND THEY MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR OTHER ERRORS. WEPAPERS DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OF TIMELINESS OF THE MATERIALS, SUBMISSIONS OR THE THIRD PARTY CONTENT CONTAINED ON THIS SITE. WEPAPERS HAS NO LIABILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE MATERIALS, CONTENT, SUBMISSIONS AND/OR THE THIRD PARTY CONTENT, WHETHER PROVIDED BY WEPAPERS OR OUR LICENSORS. THIS SITE AND WEPAPERS DO NOT PROVIDE LEGAL, FINANCIAL, MEDICAL OR ACADEMIC ADVICE. THE MATERIALS, SUBMISSIONS AND THE THIRD PARTY CONTENT ON THIS SITE ARE FOR INFORMATIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE MATERIALS, CONTENT SUBMISSIONS AND THIRD PARTY CONTENT ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR LEGAL, ACADEMIC, MEDICAL FINANCIAL OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE ANY ECONOMIC RETURN OR BENEFIT FROM THE USE OF THE MATERIALS. WEPAPERS, FOR ITSELF AND ITS LICENSORS, MAKES NO EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTEES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, THE SERVICES OR ANY MATERIALS, CONTENT AND SUBMITIONS OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT, RELATING TO THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY, CURRENCY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL CONTAINED ON THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE MATERIALS, CONTNET AND THE THIRD PARTY CONTENT. UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPLICITLY STATED, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE MATERIALS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT, AND ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL CONTAINED ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WHERE-IS” BASIS WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND WEPAPERS DISCLAIMS AND EXCLUDES ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. WEPAPERS DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY WARRANTIES AGAINST VIRUSES, SPYWARE OR MALWARE THAT MAY BE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER.
15. Limitation of Liability. WEPAPERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR DISPLAYING, COPYING, OR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT OR SUBMISSIONS TO OR FROM THIS SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WEPAPERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, EXTRAORDINARY, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) HOWEVER ARISING, EVEN IF WEPAPERS KNOWS THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
wePapers is a place where students (and everybody) can expand their knowledge and share their wisdom, for free.
We created wePapers to help people learn from one-another. The idea is simple: we think everyone has something to teach, and anyone can become a teacher, a guru or a mentor.
More important, we believe everybody deserves the right to learn for free.
wePapers is where you find the kind of quality information you wouldn’t find anywhere else on the web, the kind of papers you’d have to dig for in dusty library basements and still not find what you’re looking for.
wePapers is also where you share what you’ve learned, with people who are learning the same thing. You can discuss your work with them and get useful feedback.
Whether to help you graduate with honors or just win an argument, we created WePapers to help make you smarter, much smarter.
The founders of wePapers realized through their studies for their B.A. degrees that acing school doesn’t have to involve agony. We started wePapers as two university students, with the ambition to share what we’ve learned and learn what we haven’t yet.
We want to make an impact on the way people learn acquire knowledge, and help make the world a little bit cleverer.
We hope you enjoy using wePapers!
People are talking about wePapers
wePapers on twitter