Cause and effect research papers help to see the links between the events and help to understand how things function. Although preparing such essays can be an exciting process, many students claim that it’s not that easy to choose the right topics to write on. A successfully chosen topic makes the process of researching and writing on it exciting, and as a result – your paper will become an engaging and interesting read for the audience.
Are you looking for the best cause and effect topics for your essay? Then check out our ultimate list of unique and inspiring ideas and score high with practical writing advice. Or take the easy way and order an original piece crafted by a professional writer!
Congrats to you for winning
You can use it on one order over $
Spin & get bonuses
Pro Tips on Thinking Up Good Cause and Effect Research Paper Topics for Different Subjects
Here’s what you should know about cause and effect essays:
- When speaking about causes, you should argue how things that happened in the past led to an important one-time event, a phenomenon, or an increasing trend or tendency.
- When you speak about the effects, you explain what happened or is happening after a particular situation, decision, or event.
- Cause and effect essays explain the links and order between situations, events, trends, and decisions.
Although the concept of cause and effect research papers may seem to be easy, it has certain pitfalls. You should have a deep understanding of the subject you’re speaking about, and the only way to get it is to perform extensive research. Besides, you should use your analyzing skills to find the links between past events and the effects they have on the future. Also, you should organize and present all the information in a logical way. Your goal is to provide the right evidence and arguments in order to convince the readers that your reasons explain the phenomenon in the best possible way.
Similarly to other types of essay, cause and effect papers have such parts:
- Introduction, which can include an engaging story, interesting statistics, descriptions, quotes, etc. Besides, it should contain a thesis statement.
- Body part, where you present the causes in a logical, climactic order, explain the actual effects, speculate on other possible ones, and support everything with proper evidence.
- Conclusion, which summarizes your points for the reader.
- Reference list.
Further you’ll find an ultimate list of cause and effect paper ideas, divided into several groups for different fields and levels of education.
High school cause and effect research paper topics
- Is remote education effective? What are its prospects for the future?
- What is the ongoing racism/discrimination situation in schools, and in what ways it affects students?
- To what extent should parents be involved in their children’s education, and what are the positive and negative effects of such involvement?
- What causes rivalry among siblings, and what are its effects?
- How important is sex education in school, and what are its positive and negative effects?
Middle school cause and effect research paper topics
- The effects of cyberbullying on the mental health of children;
- How does living in poverty affects children, their health, education, and future?
- What are the reasons and effects of some people becoming unemployed and homeless?
- Should male and female students be forced to study separately?
- Why is the amount of homework given to students increasing, and is there an effective alternative to school homework?
Cause and effect research paper topics for college students
- The influence of the non-profit organizations on the local communities;
- What makes it hard for people with disabilities to find a job?
- The impact of mobile devices on the development and effectiveness of business;
- What is the correlation between playing violent video games and the behavior of people?
- In what ways do countries in a state of war can deal with economic issues?
Technology cause and effect research paper topics
- What factors can put your private information at risk, and what are the possible effects of it being stolen?
- What made mobile phones gain their popularity so quickly, and what effects do they have on people’s everyday lives?
- What technical advancements made using AI in healthcare and medicine possible?
- The implementation of AR in big online stores: can this technology change the market in the future?
Cause and effect research paper topics on the environment
- Why does increasing global temperature lead to the growing prevalence of diseases like cholera and malaria?
- Individual packing of products causes the growth of solid waste;
- In what ways does the melting of glaciers in Antarctica cause floods all over the globe?
- The density of the population in some parts of the world increases due to the reduction of areas suitable for humans in the others.
Cause and effect research paper topics on health
- How does the popularity of fast-food restaurants affect people’s health?
- What causes the poor quality of water, and how does it affect the healthcare industry?
- Can the lack of moral support be considered a reason for bulimia and anorexia?
- Should we blame media for creating unrealistic beauty standards and causing eating disorders in adolescents?
Cause and effect research paper topics on relationships
- The psychosocial and financial rewards of both spouses being employed;
- The popularity of social networks leads to a lack of communication in real life;
- Does the divorce of parents make it more likely for a child to divorce in their own marriage in the future?
- Does the lecture attendance of students affect the attitude of their professors?
Cause and effect research paper topics on culture
- In what ways does mass media make the audience biased?
- Why a person’s way of learning foreign languages is affected by their native language?
- Does globalization make local cultures extinct?
- Why is it important to preserve cultural diversity?
Sometimes, cause and effect essays appear to be more challenging than you expect. In such a situation, you may wonder if it’s possible to get research paper writing help. Luckily, if you apply to reliable online service, you’ll be provided with professional papers writing help from experienced writers. WePapers experts will craft a perfect and unique paper for you within the tightest terms.