European History is a study that examines and analyses the sequence of past events in the life of peoples inhabiting the territory of Europe from prehistoric times to the present day. Being broad and versatile, this subject offers students a vast number of exciting topics to investigate. If you are assigned an essay on European history, your first and the most important task is to choose a good topic for future research. Luckily, you can find a great variety of European history topics in textbooks, scientific publications, and online resources. You can even be inspired by an event described in a historical novel or shown in a movie. But whatever you decide to write about, your essay should be more than just a dull listing of facts and dates. A pledge of an outstanding essay on history of Europe is a topic that either interests you or presents a fresh and offbeat outlook on the well-known events.
Further, you’ll find a list of outstanding ideas for research papers on European history; for your convenience we divided them into several categories.
Modern European History Research Paper Topics
Modern European history is a period that dates back to the beginning of the 19th century and lasts until now. It is especially rich in events, which is why you should make the topic of your paper sound precise and clear. Meticulous research and thorough planning of the essay will help you not to miss out important details that can support your point. It is also crucial that you refer only to reliable sources and always double-check all facts, statements, and dates.
If it’s hard for you to come up with a good idea on modern European history, you can start with choosing one of such principle themes as: industrialization, changes in labor patterns, nationalism, imperialism, political reforms, revolutions, international treaties, foreign policies, immigration, modern forms of art and their development. Next, you can pick a particular topic that refers to one of these themes and research it.
Here are a few examples of excellent ideas on the modern history of Europe that will inspire you:
- Motivation and military culture in Napoleon’s French army, 1800-1808
- Strategic advancements achieved during the Napoleonic Wars
- Can the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand be considered the key reason that led to the beginning of World War I?
- The role of Woodrow Wilson and American diplomacy at the Paris Peace Conference in 1919
- The effect of the Treaty of Versailles on the tactics and strategies of the Wehrmacht for World War II
- What were the main differences in tactics of British, German, Soviet, and American forces on the WWII battlefield?
- The outcomes of the Potsdam and Yalta conferences in the post-war world
- Formation and development of the European Union throughout the 20th century
- How do smaller states cope with the structural disadvantages in the EU?
- The reasons that led to Brexit and prediction of its possible outcome
Interesting Topics for European History Research Papers
Even if European history is not your favorite subject, an intriguing topic of a research paper can make the writing process enjoyable and exciting. Try to make your essay informative and include original ideas and unusual points of view to keep your readers engaged.
- The role of politics in the spread of Christianity across Europe
- The most prominent European philosophers of the Enlightenment Age
- What were the major reasons for Africa’s and Asia’s colonization by European nations?
- The role of women in the French Revolution and the change of female rights after it
- The formation of the International Committee of the Red Cross and its role during WWI and WWII
- The reflection of World War I in the books of the prominent European writers of the 20th century
- The role of the radio and other means of communication during World War II
Advanced Research Paper Topics European History Can Offer
If you’re pursuing a degree in history, your teachers may encourage you to choose more complex and challenging paper topics. Although an advanced history topic may require extensive research and originality of presentation, with due effort it will bring you the highest grade.
We’re sure that these winning European history research paper topics will impress even the most demanding teacher.
- What are the main differences between the ancient and the modern ruling systems in Europe?
- The comparison of the Third French Republic and the Weimar Republic
- The role of free trade principle during the in financial dominance and economic growth of Britain in the 19th century
- What led England to develop its system of air defense and RAF during the interwar period of 1918-1939?
- The contribution of the Treaty of Versailles into Hitler’s rise to power
- The Holocaust in the Soviet Union and the 1941 massacre at Babi Yar
- Did the rise of Nikita Khrushchev improve the US-USSR relations and change the course of the Cold War?
Sometimes, writing an academic paper on European history may be overwhelming. If you are extremely short on time or realize that the topic of your research is really tough, you may wonder: “Can someone write a paper for me?” Luckily, the answer to this question is “Yes.” A reliable college research paper writing service is ready to craft a 100% original, fully customized essay upon your request within the shortest terms and help you score high.