Nowadays, the questions of gender equality and gender discrimination become more urgent and popular and are widely discussed all over the world. The theme of gender identification comes into the spotlight, too. This is why teachers tend to assign students to research papers on gender studies more often than before. Being a delicate piece of writing, an essay on gender requires respect, tact, and a good understanding of the subject. While writing about gender is already not the most straightforward task, choosing a gender research topic can become a real challenge for many students.
In this blog post, we give you some useful bits of advice on writing research papers on gender inequality and discrimination and offer a list of interesting and off-beat topics that will help you drive attention to relevant and engaging issues. Besides, if there’s such a need, our qualified writers can craft the entire piece that would follow all your requirements.
Congrats to you for winning
You can use it on one order over $
Spin & get bonuses
Recommendations on Choosing Good Gender Studies Research Topics
Preparing a research work about gender may seem quite easy until you realize how big the variety of topics can be covered here. Whether you’re provided with a list of possible themes or are given the freedom to choose any issue by yourself, we recommend opting for the one which evokes your interest. Researching and writing on the topic that you can relate to makes the whole process more comfortable and exciting. Some of the popular themes that you can use as a starting point include:
- Gender roles
- Gender stereotypes
- Gender inequality
- Advertising and gender
- Differences in leadership
- Sexual crimes and harassment
- Women’s history
- Men and depression
If you cannot come up with a good topic right away, you can check scholarly journals or recent scientific publications and see which themes drive your attention. You can also look through Internet sites, forums, and social networks to find some trending issues that are widely discussed in society at the moment. Besides, gender-related issues depicted in books, films, and reflected in mass media can inspire you to research some particular questions in detail.
Here are few writing recommendations that will aid at preparing a solid and outstanding work:
- In order to support your points, you need to provide relevant information. Always refer only to official sources, and use checked facts and statistics.
- Whatever you are writing about, avoid discriminating against others and omit the facts and statements that might be offensive to someone. Be objective and tolerant. Imagine that you are addressing a broad mixed audience that includes all genders and write accordingly.
- Unless specified otherwise by your teacher, the paper you write should include introduction (with a thesis statement); ‘body’ part; conclusion; and bibliography. Use this structure as a basic plan and develop each section thoroughly. Don’t forget to revise, proofread and format your work before submission.
Thought-Provoking Gender Inequality Research Paper Topics
In today’s society, the issues related to gender inequality are considered to be some of the most topical and urgent. The current situation around the genders being treated differently in various spheres of life needs to undergo rapid and serious changes. That’s why many students decide to write research works on gender inequality. Further, you’ll find some great ideas for your paper.
- Does the gender pay gap still exists in the US, and how big is it?
- What ways to empower women should be applied around the world?
- What social roles are imposed on males and females in modern society?
- How is the image of females presented in marketing today, and should it be altered?
- Why do the phenomena of misogyny and sexism still exist in today’s world, and what are the ways to eliminate them?
- What are the most important organizations and agencies that promote the rights of women and help in eliminating sexism?
Inspirational Gender and Development Research Topics
Being off-beat and original, the following ideas will spark your curiosity and help to enjoy the process of researching and writing.
- What role models does Disney promote through the images of princesses in the animated films, and what effects do they have on children?
- Inequality in Macbeth gender portrayal: is it true that female characters play a more important role than the male ones?
- What are the benefits of the household work being divided equally between men and women?
- The changes in the portrayal of men in women in popular culture (e.g., television, films, etc.) since the beginning of the 20th century and up to date.
- In what ways can equal opportunities for males and females be promoted in sport?
- What can we do to make cities safer for girls and women?
Advanced Gender Issues Topics for Research Paper
Although these challenging gender topics may require extra time and diligence, the result of the research will definitely be worth your effort.
- How do the habits of communication differ between genders, and what stereotypes are associated with them?
- What role does gender diversity play in scientific discovery and innovation?
- How far can the career opportunities go for males and females in the military service?
- Who were women erased from history, and what were their achievements?
- What kind of issues has the #MeToo movement raised, and what are its consequences?
- LGBTQI+ community: its history, the struggle for equality and acceptance, and future prospects.
As you can see, to make your gender issues research paper be ‘A’-worthy, you need to choose an exciting topic, conduct extensive research, and apply proper planning and writing skills. This isn’t always an easy task, and sometimes you may wonder: “Can someone write my research papers on gender for me?” The good news is that you can always apply to a reliable custom research paper writing service like WePapers.com. Our experienced writers will help you create a unique and decent work!