Although writing research papers may be a challenging task, it also is the best way to dig deep into the topic and gain valuable knowledge. Throughout high school (and later in college), you’ll be required to prepare various types of essays. While some teachers may provide a list of possible topics, the others will expect you to generate good research ideas on your own.
Need some writing help? We can offer the selection of engaging topics or craft an entirely unique piece according to your demands!
Writing a paper on a topic that evokes your interest and curiosity can be a fun and rewarding process. In this post, we reveal some effective writing tricks and offer a list of original and interesting research paper topics for high school students.
Congrats to you for winning
You can use it on one order over $
Spin & get bonuses
Ideas for Coming Up with Research Paper Topics High School Teachers Will Like
When assigned to a research essay, first of all, you should understand what type it is. There are informative, analytical, comparative, argumentative, persuasive, and controversial papers. The requirements for them will depend upon a type and should be clarified by your teacher. The research topic of your essay will also differ depending on the subject. For example, you may be required to prepare business research for a class of economics and a psychology paper for a human behavior class.
The first step towards preparing an A-worthy essay is picking a topic. Remember that your best bet is a theme that sparks your interest because there’s nothing worse than writing on a dull and tedious subject. Besides, your topic should be:
- Precise and specific;
- Important for a professional field and society;
- Relevant for the audience;
- Trending (which means it should have novelty and yet unexplored scientific potential).
Considering these factors will help you to choose an outstanding idea. But how do you actually come up with one? If there’s nothing in particular on your mind – don’t worry, you just need some inspiration. Check your textbooks, encyclopedias, reference books or scientific journals available in the school library. Besides, you can always go to the online forums, specialized informational sites, and databases on the Internet.
Once the topic is chosen, make extensive research on it. Keep in mind that your essay should refer to several relevant sources of information; official scientific publications and textbooks are your best choice. Another important thing to take care of is the outline of your work. A basic high school research paper outline includes:
- Introduction (with a thesis statement);
- Body part;
- Reference page.
Use your outline as a plan, add information, revise and edit, until eventually, you turn it into the final draft. Don’t forget to format and proofread your paper before submission.
Interesting Topics for High School Research Paper
A fresh and off-beat idea is the key to preparing a research paper that will keep your audience interested and engaged. Below we offer some great topics that will bring an ‘A’ to any student – from a high school freshman to senior.
- The impact of stem cell researches on the medical field.
- The effects of constant stress on the human body.
- What are the effects of the “one child” policy in China?
- What are the most effective methods to reduce bullying in school?
- Compare the immigration laws of the US and EU.
- The biggest failures and successes of NASA.
Winning High School Senior Research Paper Topics
Generally, all types of assignments tend to become more complex towards the finish of high school, and research papers are no exception. Senior students need more time and effort to prepare a solid and well-structured essay. The following research paper topics for high school seniors can help score high.
- Should using animals for medical research be banned?
- What is the impact of regular exercising on people suffering from depression?
- Should certain information and data on the Internet be censored by the government?
- What is the effect of online search on humans’ intelligence?
- How soon will alternative energy replace fossil fuels?
- What are the key differences in the body language of men and women, and how does it impact communication?
List of High School Research Paper Topics on Different Subjects
Although research papers on different school subjects have a similar structure, the ideas and information presented in them should apply closely to a particular discipline. Further high school students will find inspiring ideas categorized by subjects.
- What was the impact of British rule in India?
- What changes in women’s rights were caused by WWII?
- What military strategy can be considered the most effective ever?
- What factors help to identify the genre of a novel?
- Key topics of early American literature.
- How the ideals of our time are reflected in J. K. Rowling’s “Harry Potter” series?
- The effects of sleep deprivation on people’s health.
- The causes and consequences of various eating disorders.
- What are the early signs of depression in teenagers?
- What is the relation between math and music?
- Do people use math formulas in everyday life?
- Overview of the most confusing problems in math.
- The possible effect of nanomedicine on human lifespan.
- The future prospects of AI and computing.
- What effects will electric and self-driving cars have on people’s everyday life?
Just like any other type of academic assignment, research papers come with their challenges and pitfalls. If you experience difficulties with your high school essay, you should consider reaching out to a reliable research paper writer service for help. A team of professionals working in this high school & college essay service will assist you in anything – from choosing the best topic to writing and proofreading the whole piece.