Do you agree that without racism our world could be a much better place? In fact, teachers would never assign students to research papers on racism because no one would know what it is! Unfortunately, racism is one of the global problems that our society has yet to overcome. An essay on racial discrimination is a delicate piece of writing which requires tact, respect, a deep understanding of the subject, and excellent writing skills. While composing such work already is not an easy task, choosing the right topic for it can become a real challenge.
If you’re looking for help with a research paper about racism, this blog-post is precisely what you need. Further, you’ll find professional tips, writing guidance, and, most importantly, the list of remarkable research topics that will help you prepare a worthy essay.
Congrats to you for winning
You can use it on one order over $
Spin & get bonuses
Tips on Choosing Research Paper Topics on Racism
The process of writing any research paper starts with picking its theme, and the essays on racism are no exception. Sometimes teachers offer a list of topics to choose from; in this situation you should opt for the one that’s both familiar and interesting. However, in most cases, students are supposed to generate ideas themselves. Although at first, it may be difficult to focus on some particular issue, after a short research, you’ll realize that there are many possible topics. You can look for inspiration in scientific publications such as scholar journals, textbooks, and reference books available in your school library. Besides, you can check the online databases, educational sites, and online forums. Often, it’s enough to make a simple online request like “research paper racism” to come across some good suggestions.
Once you’ve chosen a topic, conduct some background research on it to make sure you can find enough relevant information to support your arguments. Your next step is creating an initial outline; it can be used as the backbone of your future paper. Unless specified otherwise by your teacher, a racism research paper outline should include:
- An introductory part with a thesis statement;
- ‘Body’ part;
- Reference page.
Remember that a topic defines the further course of your research work. Keep looking for more information on the subject and take notes. Gradually turn your outline into a detailed draft. Keep revising and editing it until you come up with the final version. Proofread and format your research paper before submission. Although the process of composing an essay on racism might be demanding and time-consuming, with due effort, it will definitely pay off.
Decent Ideas for Research Papers on Racism
In academic papers, ethnic and racial discrimination can be presented through the prism of various aspects of people’s lives, including politics, law, economics, history, psychology, and social culture. Depending on the subject you study, your teacher can ask to explore the issues that concern racism with the focus on a particular aspect. On the other hand, such historical events as civil rights movements in the US in the 1960-70s, racist policy in Nazi Germany, and Apartheid in South Africa are considered to be a fruitful ground for all-round researches. Further we provide a range of themes that can be used both for essays on a single subject and in a broader sense. For your convenience, they are divided into categories.
Easy topics on racism
- Psychological background and consequences of racism;
- Effective ways to oppose hate speech on social networks;
- What strategies can promote diversity and reduce discrimination?
- Do discriminatory tendencies exist in animal behavior?
Racism research topics: sociology
- Racism and Islamophobia as the result of the 9/11 attacks;
- Should African and Native Americans be provided with social reparations?
- Recent changes in white beauty ideals in media;
- Relations between race and poverty.
Racism research topics: history
- Relationships between black and white women in the women’s rights movement in the 1960s;
- History and prominent leaders of the Black Power movement;
- Historical circumstances that led to the creation of Ku Klux Clan;
- Can antislavery ideas be considered the main reason for the Civil War?
Winning Topics for a Worthy Research Paper on Racism
Many students consider argumentative and analytical research papers on racism to be difficult because they require meticulous research and thought-through planning. However, with a great topic, the writing process will become exciting and interesting. Impress your teacher with these advanced themes:
- The impact of the racial anti-Semitism on the Holocaust;
- A caste system on the Philippines and in Spanish America;
- The legislation of Apartheid in South Africa;
- What are the consequences of aboriginal racism in Australia?
- Should we consider “Irishness” to be a display of racism?
- What career and educational barriers are caused by racism?
- Does the expression “third world” root in racism?
- Could racism be called an artificial concept?
Without a doubt, racism can be considered a serious problem, which even today, in the 21st century affects lives of millions of people around the globe. Composing an academic essay on racism is a task that many students find to be challenging. If you experience difficulties with finding a good research topic, can’t find relevant information, or are extremely short on time, you can reach out for professional and effective research papers help. Experts working at WePapers.com – one of the top research paper writing websites – will help you in any stage of preparing an outstanding paper about racism!