Biology belongs to the subjects that are studied by everyone in high school. Those students who choose medicine, biochemistry or natural science to be their major in college are likely to proceed with studying biology on a more advanced level. Biology is closely knit to scientific research, which is why students get to prepare countless research papers throughout the years of study. Although this type of assignment usually requires lots of time, good writing skills, and attention to detail, many find choosing a topic to be the most challenging part. However, once you come up with an engaging issue, preparing a scientific paper can become an exciting and enjoyable process.
Are you wondering how to write a biology research paper that will score the highest grade? Further, we reveal some professional writing tips and tricks and provide a list of great biology research paper topics for college students.
Congrats to you for winning
You can use it on one order over $
Spin & get bonuses
Tips on Choosing Biology Topics for a Research Paper and Outline Example
Biology offers students a wide variety of aspects to investigate. An interesting topic on biology needs to be relevant, appealing, and attention-grabbing; it also needs to deal with some debatable questions and recent findings. A valuable topic should initiate a compelling scientific argument that brings some valuable ideas. Besides, it should provoke further discussion and studies.
To pick the most interesting biology research paper topics, you need to brainstorm for ideas and write them down. After you choose the one that you like most, it’s essential to do background research on it, to make sure that you can find a sufficient amount of relevant information from reliable sources such as textbooks, published works, articles in scientific magazines, online databases, etc. It is crucial because you have to support your own arguments in the paper by referring to approved scientific works. If there’s not enough information available on your first-choice topic, you need to come up with a few backup ones and research on them.
While researching, you need to make detailed notes; based on them, you’ll be able to write an initial plan that can be subsequently turned into an outline and developed into a thesis statement (one-two sentences in the introductory part of your essay that sum up its key idea). Similarly to student works on many other subjects, an outline of a biology research paper should include:
- An introduction (with a thesis statement);
- The main body part (with your arguments);
- A conclusion;
- Reference page(s).
Keep looking for more information for your paper to broaden your outline and write the final draft. Revise and polish it several times, don’t be afraid to make changes. Take care of the formatting and proofreading before you submit the paper.
Find Good Topics for Biology Research Papers or Buy Your Essay Online
To come up with some great topics for biology research paper, you can check sources in your school library, look through scientific journals, or find the most recent publications on the discipline-related sites or in the databases of other schools that are available online.
Besides, you can consider applying to one of the professional online companies that offer writing help to students. Trained writers working there can assist you in all stages of preparing the assignment – from looking for the best research paper topics for biology to writing an entire work. In stressful situations when you’re at risk of missing a deadline or failing the grade altogether, the option of getting your research paper done by a writing service can save the day.
Further, you’ll find a list of biology research paper topics divided into groups on various biology sub-disciplines. We hope that it will help you make a good choice.
Evolutionary biology research paper topics
- Evolution of the immune system and immunity
- Life history evolution and the role of reproductive allocation in it
- Construction of ecosystems and phylogeography
- Interaction between the biotic and physical environment
- Principles of selection in the wild nature
Cell biology research paper topics
- Modern tendencies and future prospects of regenerative medicine
- The advantages and possible risks of creating artificial organs
- The development of tissue engineering in today’s medicine
- The key principles of the extracellular matrix
- What is the mechanism of regulation in stem cell biology?
Human biology research paper topics
- Early findings and modern development of human cloning
- The role of hormones in human reaction to stresses
- Diseases caused by improper functionality of human immune system
- The importance, advantages, and drawbacks of vaccination
- The modern methods of human birth control
Advanced Biology Research Paper Ideas for High School and College Students
A list of advanced topics below may require more effort and time, but a well-written paper on one of them will definitely impress your professor and bring you so-much desired grade.
- Can obesity be called a genetic phenomenon? What risks does it hide?
- The reasons of homosexuality being known across different species
- Can humans be called frugivores or omnivores?
- Biology and its origin as a standalone discipline
- What triggers allergic reactions in the human body and can these processes be controlled?
- The importance and fundamental principles of vaccines
- The reasons for human babies developing slower than mammalian babies
- Pros, cons, and future prospects of vegetarianism
- Should genetic screening become a part of a health plan?
- Should organ and tissue cloning be allowed by the government?
As mentioned above, you can always reach out for writing help to professional online companies. Upon your request, a reliable custom research paper writing service can do anything – suggest a topic, write a fully customized original paper or a part of it, edit, format, and proofread the work. All you need to do is place a research paper order, perform a quick online payment, and download the work when it’s ready.