Nowadays, the threats to cybersecurity are increasing drastically, affecting both business and personal data. Cybercriminals keep finding new ways to compromise, steal, and profit from users’ information; malware they create can target anything – from global systems to private mobile devices.
Students, who pursue a degree in computer science, should stay updated to the most recent developments in this field and explore it from all possible angles. Writing research papers on cyber security is an effective way to improve their analytical and argumentation skills and gain valuable knowledge.
The variety of possible research topics on cybersecurity is enormous, which is why you may have a hard time choosing the best one. But don’t worry: in this guide, we provide you with a list of outstanding ideas for your cyber security project, and offer a few helpful writing bits of advice. Moreover, in case you don’t feel like crafting a paper by yourself, our geek writers are ready to lend you a helping hand!
Congrats to you for winning
You can use it on one order over $
Spin & get bonuses
Tips on Choosing Good Topic for a Research Paper on Cyber Security
Cybersecurity is an ever-emerging and constantly updated field of study, which includes endless possibilities for research. As long as you understand its basics and purposes, you’ll be able to choose a good theme for your future paper.
Cyber security can be defined as a complex of practices and technologies used to protect applications, computer systems, and electronic data from unwanted attack, access, theft, damage, or any other type of intrusion. In the computing context, cybersecurity is often used as an umbrella term for both physical and cyber security.
In order to protect computer networks from external and internal threats, a range of comprehensive and well-coordinated measures should be taken. Some of the key cybersecurity elements include:
- Network security
- Operational security
- Information security
- Application security
- Assessment of risk and control
- Disaster response/recovery
- Education of end-users
To begin with, you can pick any of these niches and find out which research topics are related to it. Besides, you can consider such related areas as cyber crimes, data privacy and integrity, configuration management, systems of intrusion detection, security management and policy, mobile protection.
Whichever theme you choose for your essay, make sure to tell about the main vulnerabilities and risks associated with the selected area of cyber security and suggest the ways to withstand the malicious attacks. Aside from that, you can talk about the protection of sensitive information and mitigation of possible risks or discuss infrastructures and resources needed for the implementation of cyber security programs. Additionally, you can remind about the importance of familiarizing users with potential threats to cyber security and mention their role in eliminating these risks.
If you can’t come up with an exact topic on cyber security, try to draw some inspiration from the scholar journals and scientific publications (tip: make sure to pick the most recent sources, because cyber security is the field that goes through constant changes and updates). Besides, you can use the Internet resources, including specialized educational sites, student forums, and materials of other schools’ libraries (such as books and PDF files of research projects).
Speaking of the structure of your paper, remember that it should include:
- ‘Body’ part
- Reference page
Stick to this outline, and develop each of the three first points, until you come up with the final draft of the paper.
Interesting Topics for a Solid Research Paper Cyber Security Field Can Offer
Here you’ll find a compilation of trending and off-beat topics that belong to the most various areas of cyber security.
- What way of restoring lost data can be called the most effective?
- How do security measures differ for macOS, Windows, and Unix devices?
- What is the policy of installing applications to the tables and phones?
- What methods of user authentication are the most secure?
- The most common ways of network intrusion, and means of their detection and prevention.
- The biggest pandemics of cyber viruses around the world.
- Who are black hat and white hat hackers, and how do they differ?
- Main traits, purposes, and consequences of fishing scams on the Internet.
- The threats to digital security brought by social networks and the ways to withstand them.
- In what ways does the firewall help protect the network?
- Why is it important for parents to educate their children about cyber security?
- What are cookies, and can they affect the privacy and cybersecurity of users?
- The threats of identity theft on the Internet and ways to prevent them.
- Revenge porn as a form of blackmailing on the Internet.
- What are the purposes, advantages, and possible risks of device synchronization?
- Digital piracy and threats related to it.
- What is the goal of software updates, and why are they important?
- What are the most effective emergency actions that a user should take after hacking?
- How is biometrics applied in cybersecurity?
- The advantages and possible dangers of unified user profiles.
Research papers on cyber security may require more time and effort than written assignments on many other subjects. If you experience difficulties with your cybersecurity project, you should consider applying to a professional college research paper writing service. WePapers.com lets you buy cheap papers online while offering total confidentiality, 100% originality, and top quality of work.