Annually thousands of people around the world fell victims to domestic violence. It is crucial for youth to realize how menacing it is. Hardly surprising, a research paper on domestic violence is one of the most common writing assignments in colleges and universities aimed to raise awareness of the issue. How to find a topic for the successful paper? What to include in it and what is the perfect outline for research papers domestic violence? It is a highly intricate issue that requires some good insights and proper in-depth approach, so read on to get some food for thought with writing ideas.
Research Paper Domestic Violence Writing Basics
Crafting a paper about domestic violence involves a lengthy process of planning, gathering, and analyzing information. However, it becomes much simpler when you have a prepared list of actions to guide you to success. The following offers a basic understanding of what to expect from the writing process:
- Learn about the issue and choose the main idea
Do you know much about domestic violence issue? Check samples of papers to spark ideas, visit reliable online sources or even talk to the people who work with victims to learn valuable insights for the writing process.
- Develop the outline and write a draft
Generally speaking, outline is a logical organization of the parts of the text: paragraphs and subparagraphs. It helps to structure the future paper and make sure you don’t miss any important thoughts. The outline is used to write a draft, so if you include enough information for each section, the further work will be much simpler for any research paper writer.
- Write the final paper
Preparing the final draft includes polishing the content to make it look credible and presentable. Double-check reference sources, statistical data, terms, and names, ensuring they are corrected. Remember to compare the text to professor’s guidelines so that all requirements should be met.
How to Choose Domestic Violence Research Paper Topics?
Domestic abuse can be regarded from various angles – social, economic, historical, psychological, etc. – and dispersed into hundreds of topics. This is easier said than done. Picking research paper topics on domestic violence might turn out to be the hardest part for a writer. Here are a few suggestions you are welcome to try:
- Brainstorm. Grab a pen and write down all the keywords or sentences that come up to your mind when thinking about domestic abuse. Minimize distractions and try to concentrate. As a result, you will have a list of ideas for research.
- Browse the Internet and explore essential facts about the issue. Later they might be transformed into an excellent topic:
- Abusive relationships from a man’s angle.
- How having a weapon at home contributes to domestic violence?
- What are the medical effects of sexual violence?
- Are children who grow up in domestic violence atmosphere more likely to become abusers in future relationships?
- Study the written works in the library or digital database. There is already a huge amount of essays, theses, and dissertation covering domestic violence. Make the list of the most interesting ones and generalize them.
Domestic Violence Research Paper Example Topics
Depending on the course you are writing a paper for, your domestic violence essay may answer social or psychological question, point out statistics and define why’s and how’s of a particular issue. Narrow your focus and decide on the viewpoint or position for the readers to follow. You can think about one of the questions below.
Children and adolescents:
- How does domestic violence influences the future behavior of children?
- Why children are the most vulnerable to domestic abuse?
- What are the role and possible outcomes of shelter services for children?
Media and domestic violence:
- What role does social media play in domestic abuse?
- How does violence in films affect statistics of domestic violence today?
- How does modern media portray domestic violence, abusers, and victims?
The cultural context of domestic violence:
- How does the rise of feminism hinder or help domestic abuse progress?
- How did the correlation between social status and domestic violence evolve?
- What are the common examples of domestic violence across different cultures?
Law and domestic violence:
- Have the solutions of government towards violence at homes improved?
- What needs to be changed in laws for better regulation?
- What are the most effective approaches to prevent domestic violence in different countries?
Example of Domestic Violence Research Paper Outline
Below you can find a sample research paper on domestic violence outline that might also be useful for writing other papers and modified in accordance with the type of research and the topic itself. Let’s pore over the main sections of your future piece of content.
- The abstract. Here you give a short summary of your paper so that the reader should understand if this particular topic is in line with their scientific interests. Include the purpose of your research, main trends, and findings as well as brief results.
- The introduction. This part is logically connected with the abstract and should present readers to the major aspects the rest of the paper will be covering. Mention why you chose this or that topic and why it is important. Highlight the approach you will be using for the discussion and don’t forget about thesis statement.
- The literature review. Here we recommend focussing on the most interesting information from recent researches and publications. Share statistics, include a comparison of different studies or theories, describe how approach to this topic evolved.
- The methodology. In this section, you should describe the methods you used to obtain and analyze information.
- Results. Here you report the findings of the gathered information without bias or interpretation. You can use tables or graphs to illustrate them as people tend to perceive visual data better.
- Conclusion. In this section, you are to sum up the disclosed information, highlight the key statements and think of new ways to explore or solve the issue.
Those are some of the tips and topics you are free to use for the domestic violence essay. Choose one, combine a couple of ideas or create your own ones. If you still can’t decide on the topic or just need writing assistance, get in touch with the online service to ask ‘write my research papers‘ and be ready to get help from professional authors.