Global issues can be defined as problems that have a substantial effect on the world community. They can range from minor issues to significant to catastrophic disasters that threaten the existence of the human race. Global issues can be categorized into political, economic, social, and environmental. Regarding the diversity of the present-day society and the level of its globalization, the subject of world issues offers students a wide variety of research topics, and often choosing just one becomes a difficult task.
In this article, we provide some useful writing tips and offer a list of exciting global issues research topics that will help you enjoy the process of researching and writing and score high. In case you’re pressed for time, remember that the optional way to get the job done with the minimum fuss – be it selecting a topic or crafting an entire piece – is ordering it at WePapers.com!
Congrats to you for winning
You can use it on one order over $
Spin & get bonuses
Tips on Choosing the Best Global Issues Topics for Research Papers
It is common for teachers to let students decide which topic on global issues they choose for their research paper. We recommend you to opt for the one which sparks your vivid interest because researching and writing on it will become an exciting process. To pick a particular event, you can look through the recent scientific publications, roam the online forums, or even turn to mass media and social networks to get the latest news. Often, current global issues topics can become a good option. Looking for a research topic may seem to be a challenging task, but what do you do once the theme is chosen? Research works on world events may differ from student papers on other subjects.
First of all, you should understand that it’s impossible to calculate all possible causes and consequences of each particular event; no one can define which impact it will have on the rest of the world. In fact, there are very few events that have an undoubtful and proven influence. That’s why when assigned to a research paper on global issues, all you can do is make suggestions and try to find some unique correlations. But even if you don’t find any solid proofs, don’t worry – sometimes our world is too unpredictable.
Despite all that, you still should try to collect all possible data. Always refer only to official sources and provide reliable and checked statistics. Don’t be afraid to make some unexpected suggestions. Once you’ve chosen an event, brainstorm in order to find all possible bonds, then pick one direction and research on it. Make detailed notes and use them for planning and writing your paper. Don’t forget to revise, proofread and format the work before submission.
Impressive Global Issues Research Paper Topics
Here we suggest a variety of research topics on global issues: from easy and interesting ones for middle school students to more complex ideas for students in high school and colleges.
- What are the most significant issues related to gender inequality around the globe?
- Can mass media make the global tension rise?
- What can be done to eliminate global hunger?
- What are the possible effects of global warming? Can global warming make our planet impossible to live on?
- Should offshore tax havens be admitted as illegal and be closed down?
- Are there any human ways to prevent the overpopulation of Earth?
- What steps should the international community take to make Russia return the occupied Crimea to Ukraine? What should the government of Ukraine do to make it possible?
- Is there any possibility of ending the conflict between Palestine and Israel?
- Should China play a more prominent role in mediating between the West and Russia?
- Are there any global consequences of violence at the border of Mexico and the USA?
Gripping Persuasive Essay Topics Global Issues
A persuasive essay (otherwise called an argumentative essay) is an academic work in which you should use reason and logic to convince the audience that your point of view on a particular question is more legitimate than all others. While persuasive essays on narrow subjects are considered to be rather tricky, writing on such a broad playing field as global issues can become a real challenge. The good news is that the large scale of world issues can play to your advantage because in every issue you can find a niche that can be turned into your personal position and become the central point of the paper.
- Will Brexit play the role of a game-changer in the Eurozone? Can it cause the end of the EU?
- What can be the possible outcomes of Brexit for the UK, and can it possibly lead to Scotland claiming its independence?
- What are the likely outcomes of the Mediterranean migrant crises? Does this problem concern only Southern Mediterranean countries (Malta, Italy, etc.), or should other European countries step in and try to fix it?
- Has the world learned any lessons from the Ebola crisis of recent years? What should we do to prepare for a major pandemic?
- What has caused the mass exodus of people from such countries as Eritrea and Nigeria, and what can be done to stabilize the situation there?
- Should the Western countries fund the regime of Assad in Syria in order to free the region of ISIS? Can Assad be considered the lesser of two evils?
Research papers on global issues often require much time, extensive research and excellent writing skills. If you find yourself in need of help with research paper on world issues, you can apply to the best research paper writing service. A team of experienced writers working at WePapers.com will create an impeccable and fully customized research work upon your request.