Criminal law is one of the fundamental disciplines in law universities. Without a deep and lasting knowledge of criminal law, one cannot be a professional lawyer. Analytical writing and rigorous law research skills are the crucial requirements for students studying criminal law. Of course, writing about criminal matters is not easy. First of all, you need to choose a suitable topic. After all, the right research question is half the success. In this article, we’ll talk specifically about how to select proper topics for research in criminal law.
Law Topics for Highs School Research Paper
Perhaps the most challenging part of writing a decent law research paper is choosing a topic that will be interesting to you, your professor, and at that, reflect current issues in the field of criminal law. You’ll need to make a lot of effort and spend enough time to pick up a topic that your professor has not met in the numerous works of other students or which can be easily found in sample research papers online.
A worthwhile topic – what is it? Firstly, it is something original and offbeat. It’s a good idea to choose a controversial issue to which no one can remain indifferent. It’s your chance to undertake a peculiar challenge. Let your topic be memorable, interesting and immediately catch the reader’s interest.
Below you’ll find good examples of such worthwhile research topics suitable for both college and high school students.
General Issues for Law Research Paper
Questions that can be analyzed in law research can make you dizzy, and this is not surprising. Here you’ll find some general issues for your law research paper, which can be your starting point:
- Torture and abuse of police powers against convicts.
- Cult and ritual murders in modern society.
- Types of cybercrime in criminal law.
- Is the death penalty an effective means to reduce crime?
Drug-Related Criminal Issues for Research
The drug business is a global problem of the 21st century. The world drug business, being the most profitable, also has the most powerful and ramified mafia structure. Therefore, there are many drug-related criminal matters for research both in a high school and a college. Check them out:
- Can the legalization of marijuana in the United States affect international drug control treaties?
- Decriminalization of marijuana: medical benefits.
- Police cooperation with drug cartels.
- Can heroin traffic around the world be completely stopped?
Criminal Law Topics for Research Paper for College Students
As a law student, you must take your research papers very seriously. They can affect not only your studies and reputation among your professors but also your future career. Try to carefully think over your research topic. Or just take one idea from my list of top of American law research paper topics.
Research Topics Related to Sex Crimes
How often do we hear about harassment and sexual crimes in the news? Probably every day. In the research, you can show the reasons for sexual assaults, their hidden mechanisms, prevention options, information about the dangerous sexual killers – whatever you want. The most relevant topics about sexual crimes are as follows:
- Women can be sexual predators: awareness of the dangers.
- Sex tourism and related felonies.
- Rapes in prison: why should they be prevented?
- Is a forcible rape really worse than a homicide?
Issues for Research in the Field of Criminal Psychology
Sometimes, in order to solve a crime, one must think like a criminal and analyze his or her behavior from the point of view of psychology. Any expert who works in the legal sphere needs knowledge of psychology in order to both understand the essence of the basic criminal law categories (which include the motive, purpose of the crime and the identity of the offender) and work with maximum return and benefit for society. Take a look at some interesting research topics in this area:
- Psychological characteristics of personality and behavior of various types of serial sexual killers.
- Psychological features of the motivation of drug-addicted prisoners.
- Prediction of recidivism of juveniles sentenced without imprisonment.
- Psychology of the criminal motivation of women sentenced to imprisonment.
Law research and writing are rather difficult tasks. A word of advice: if you decide to buy a paper, be prepared to spend some time on choosing a reliable service and then reward a writer well. At our company, you can hire an expert research paper writer free from hassle and be sure of the highest quality of the delivered piece.