Medical marijuana is a subject that stirs up strong emotions among the public, doctors, policymakers, researchers, and scientists. Is using it safe? Should it be decriminalized? Legalized? Has the effectiveness of marijuana been fully proven? What conditions should it be used for? As a student you may be asked to write a research paper, to find the answers to these and other topical questions related to usage of marijuana. The success of your work will strongly depend on the topic you choose, as well as on the way you organize and present your essay. In this post, you’ll find some helpful writing tips and suggestions on medical marijuana research paper topics.
Effective Research Paper Medical Marijuana Writing Tips
Today, medical marijuana is a pressing social issue, and the perspective of it being legalized in all US states attracted significant public attention. Aside from being widely discussed in mass media and on the Internet, cannabis became a subject of numerous scientific works. Everything, from history of this plant to its effect on public health, can become a subject of scientific research. This gives you the freedom to choose a topic that you find particularly interesting. However, before you start writing conduct background research, to make sure that an aspect of medical marijuana usage you want to speak of is well-explored and relies upon a sufficient amount of scientific data. Choose a back-up topic in case it’s hard to find enough relevant resources on your first choice.
Your next steps will be as follows:
- Compose the topic of your paper.
- Perform thorough research, write detailed notes, and save links in order not to lose essential pieces of information. Remember that to develop a research paper thesis statement, you need to find at least three relevant sources to refer to.
- Create a basic outline, to use it as a backbone of the paper. Keep researching, edit and add more details to the framework that your final draft will be based on.
- Write the final draft. It should contain an introduction, body part, conclusion, and a reference list. A thesis statement – one or two sentences that describe the controlling statement and purpose of your research paper, should be placed at the end of the introduction. Body part provides the arguments in favor or against the subject of your research. The conclusion sums up the work.
- Revise, edit, and proofread the final draft before finalizing your paper.
General Topics for a Research Paper on Medical Cannabis
The main problem of an essay on medical marijuana you can come across is that most aspects of this subject have been very well researched. This means that you may have to review a huge amount of information before forming the thesis and creating the final outline. For you not to lose the track and make the process of writing easier, it’s best to look at sample papers from reputable resources such as scientific journals or specialized educational sites.
A lot of students tend to choose general and widely-discussed issues related to the use of medical marijuana as a topic of their research. Here’re a few good examples:
- Highlighting the current status of medical cannabis in the USA
- Medical marijuana: the least lethal and affordable product
- Cannabis use for recreating and medical purposes
- Medical cannabis as an effective treatment for various diseases
- Should marijuana be legalized for both medical and recreational use?
- Challenges and obstacles for medical marijuana usage
Medical Cannabis Research Paper Topics on Diseases Treatment
Instead of choosing a generic topic, you can write about just one relevant issue – for example, about treating severe diseases with the help of medical cannabis.
- Using medical cannabis for pediatric patients
- Positive effects of marijuana on multiple sclerosis and spasticity patients
- The role of medical cannabis in glaucoma treatment
- Various types of medical application of marijuana
- Marijuana should be legalized, but for medical purposes only
- Should cannabis become a therapeutic option?
- Is medical cannabis really safe to use?
Topics for a Medical Marijuana Legalization Research Paper
While one option is to speak about medical cannabis legalization in general, the other is to go into detail and research the legal, social and other consequences it will have on the society.
- Should medical marijuana be legalized all over the US?
- Arguments in favor and against medical cannabis legalization
- The benefits of legalizing medical marijuana for the economy
- Ethical issues behind legalizing marijuana
- The effects of medical cannabis on public health
- Do the benefits of medical cannabis justify its legality?
- The medical, financial, political, and social effects of marijuana legalization
- Should medical marijuana get federal funding?
- Why legalizing marijuana is a controversial issue?
Winning Medical Marijuana Research Paper Topics
If you don’t want to go down the off-beaten track, you can choose one of the original topics that will impress your teacher.
- Usage of medical marijuana in different parts of the world
- Medical marijuana laws in different countries of the world
- History timeline of medical marijuana
- Pharmacology and implication of medical cannabis
- Can medical marijuana vaping cause vaping-related lung illness?
- Risks of cannabis vaping for human health
- Is smoking or vaping marijuana healthier?
- The US legal history of cannabis
- The effect of cannabis on fertility
Research for the paper on medical marijuana legalization and treatment can be both exciting and complicated. If at some point you find the task to be overwhelming and realize that you need professional writing help, you can follow the example of thousands of students across the US, and buy research paper online. A team of experienced writers working for a professional research paper writing service can help you with choosing a topic, finding relevant materials, editing, proofreading, and many other issues. All you have to do is fill in an online order form and wait for your paper to be written and delivered to you.