Writing research papers on social topics can be exciting. You’re a member of society, that is why you clearly see various social problems that today’s world has. A research paper is a great opportunity to think them over and express your own opinion regarding them. Moreover, writing a research paper on social topics is a great chance to develop your skills of persuasion and the selection of convincing arguments. Don’t know where to start? Get help with research paper right here!
Congrats to you for winning
You can use it on one order over $
Spin & get bonuses
How to Pick Up Proper Social Issue Research Paper Topics
In the modern world, there are a lot of social issues. Poverty, unemployment, crime, corruption, drug addiction, the spread of HIV infection, the threat of technological disasters – all this is not a complete list of those phenomena that cause anxiety and concern in our society. Social problems can be global, affecting the interests of a significant part of humanity, or they may concern the interests of the individual person.
In different historical periods, the list of social problems was different, and these issues were solved in different ways. Your topic for an excellent research paper should, first of all, be relevant and urgent. Think about what issues really matter to today’s society and what you personally consider important.
Try to choose something controversial that instantly hooks the audience. Also, don’t forget that you’ll have to bring substantial evidence and arguments for your point of view, so the topic should not be too complicated for you.
Below you’ll find successful examples of social issues to write a research paper on.
The Most Interesting Research Paper Social Issues Topics
Social problems include a huge number of aspects of society. Therefore, you can simply choose what is important to you. Make sure that the chosen topic is of interest to you, and the problem is easy and suitable for research, and then you’ll get an excellent paper.
Here are some ideas of research-worth topics divided into groups:
- Is racism still real in the 21st century? Why haven’t we overcome it yet?
- Sexual objectification in online ads.
- Gender identity: how gender roles have changed and how they will change in the future.
- Religious discrimination in the workplace in different countries.
- Pay inequality is still a problem. How to solve it?
- Phishing, scam, blackmailing: how to feel safe in the unsafe Internet.
- Cyberbullying: the new face of an old problem. History of cyberbullying.
- Identity theft: the problem of the 21st century. How to reduce the risks?
- Government control in the digital era: what we must do today in order not to wake up in a cyber-totalitarian state tomorrow.
- Prevention of cyberstalking: how to protect yourself.
Top Ideas of Research Paper On Social Issues
A variety of social problems allows a research paper writer to pick up those that have not been researched before or take new approaches to those that have already been researched.
In other words, even if it seems to you that everything has been said about this issue, you can still find a blind spot and uncover this question from the other side.
Take a look at social issues that will never lose their relevance:
- Medical marijuana: to legalize or not to legalize? All the pros and cons.
- Correlation between drug use and domestic violence: the problem is more serious than we all thought.
- Modern students still take drugs in college. A feeling of rebellion or personality problems?
- Countries that prohibit drugs and countries that decriminalized drugs: what can we learn from them? Can drug prohibition solve the problem in the USA?
- Youth drug addiction: explaining the problem.
Poverty and unemployment
- Is there a connection between low living standards and high crime rates?
- Possible ways of poverty reduction.
- The subculture of the poor is becoming a factor in destabilizing society. Explain why.
- What is the impact of poverty and unemployment on the US economy?
- Why does unemployment exist even in the most prosperous countries?
Writing a research paper on social issues requires a very creative approach, great curiosity, the skills to think outside the box as well as the ability to process a large amount of information and find unusual sources.
But still, it is not as difficult as you might think. Just choose a suitable topic and make sure that you have an idea about the issue you’re going to study in your paper.