Transcendentalism is a philosophical school of thought centered around self-sufficiency, respect for nature, and spirituality that was popular in the 19th century. Key beliefs of this movement are that a human is inherently good, though can be corrupted by institutions and society; that experience and insights are more important than common logic; that nature allows us to escape reality and should be respected. The transcendentalist idea covers not only literature and philosophy but also art, religion, and even social processes. Transcendentalism is comprehensively discussed in colleges and universities as essays about it are common assignments for students.
Usually, you have a chance to pick a topic for your essay on transcendentalism instead of being forced to tackle the complex title given by your professor and tutor. Reading famous works by transcendentalists can give you a better sense of this thought and its central beliefs, so you will definitely find an aspect you will be eager to write about. However, choose your idea very attentively to end up with a really quality paper. Below, you can find a bunch of useful tips by staff writers from arguably the best research paper writing service in the market – WePapers.com. These hints aim to help you do everything right. And the writers we’ve mentioned are ready to help you craft an entirely original paper if you, for some reason, cannot do it by yourself.
Congrats to you for winning
You can use it on one order over $
Spin & get bonuses
How to Come Up with Fresh Ideas for Transcendentalism Essays?
The rule of thumb to mind when selecting the topic for your transcendentalism essay is to thoroughly evaluate your expertise and knowledge about the issue in question. Also, consider the volume of available information sources to begin with. This will allow you to avoid traveling down many dead-end roads and wasting a great deal of time. Here are several more hints on how to make the correct choice:
- Check your classroom notes and discussions
Always take notes and some records during the classes in high school, college or university. It not only helps to remember the necessary material better but also to find a topic for an essay that is relevant to the subject you study.
- Brainstorm the list of ideas
Make up the list of the best options of topics. Look through and analyze them to decide on which of these aspects you can examine in-depth.
- Choose some issue you have a particular opinion about
Most transcendentalism essays are descriptive, persuasive or argumentative. Your points and arguments will sound poor if you decide on the issue you have absolutely no interest in.
- Select an item you can explore from multiple sides
Don’t be narrow-minded: it’s up to you to choose a problem with two sides, just like a coin. Reflecting on the topic from multiple perspectives will look much more advantageous.
Easy Transcendentalism Essay Topic Examples
The tips and tricks above alone might not be sufficient to fully understand how a great title for a transcendentalism paper should sound, especially if you’re a freshman. Therefore, we have gathered these simple ideas that will make any essay a success.
- Transcendentalism as a literary, social, and religious movement.
- How does transcendentalism influence modern culture?
- What is the impact of transcendentalism on education nowadays?
- Examine transcendentalism through the pop-culture.
- Define the main characteristics of an individual’s spiritual side.
- How does Emerson connect nature, mankind, and God?
- How are people represented as part of nature in the transcendentalism movement?
- What are the main features of transcendentalism in movies?
- Reflect on the transcendentalist belief in a higher power.
- What are the benefits of transcendentalism for the community and individual?
Transcendentalism Essay Prompts on Topics About the History of the Movement
If you have a keen interest in studying transcendentalism, you can stumble on many more unique aspects to observe. College and university students who adore history may explore the history of transcendentalism in their research papers. For instance, think about studying one of the following topics interesting and unique ideas:
- American Transcendentalism and Analysis of Self-Reliance by Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- What is the effect of transcendentalism on the beat generation and hippie culture?
- How does Thoreau’s “Resistance to Civil Government” relate to Phillip Berrigan’s beliefs about individualism?
- Transcendentalism and the 1960s counterculture
- Study the correlation between transcendentalism and history.
We hope this article was interesting for you and, what’s more important, useful. Now you know how to choose an outstanding topic and what to write about. We wish you good luck with your future papers and all the straight A’s! However, if you don’t feel confident about your writing skills and are looking for essays for sale online, we are ready to help you out. With our experienced writers, affordable prices, and round-the-clock support, you can nail down even the most complicated tasks.