Thesis: Based on recent research and study, complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) such as herbal remedies and acupuncture have proven to be increasingly popular and well-regarded in the medical community.
- Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM)
- used as a supplement or replacement for traditional medicine
- derived from homeopathic, holistic and spiritual remedies used historically by many cultures (Bystritsky et al., 2014).
- most CAM users are middle aged, educated women, used for depression, insomnia and back pain among other symptoms (Frass et al., 2012).
- US experiencing upsurge in CAM usage and acceptance (Xu & Chen, 2012), as Continue reading...