Good Essay About Math 103: Project #1
Please record your work below.
“The framers of the Constitution decided to use a ratio to determine the number of representatives from each state. It was determined that each state would have 1 representative for every 30,000 citizens. Congress has changed this ratio over the years.”
1. a. Find the number of representatives in GA – 14 representatives in 2015
b. What is the population of GA? – 9,687,653 as of April 1, 2010
c. What is the ratio of citizens to representatives in GA? – 9,687,653 / 14 = 691,975 citizens for 1 representative
2. What is the most populous state? – California as of April 1, 2010
a. Find the number of representatives in this state – 53 representatives in 2015
b. What is the population of this state? – 37,253,956 as of April 1, 2010
c. What is the ratio of citizens to representatives in this state? – 37,253,956 / 53 = 702,905 citizens for 1 representative
3. What is the least populous state? – Wyoming as of April 1, 2010
a. Find the number of representatives in this state – 1 representative in 2015
b. What is the population of this state? – 563,626 as of April 1, 2010
c. What is the ratio of citizens to representatives in this state? – 563,626 / 1 = 563,626 citizens for 1 representative
4. Are the ratios the same for each state? – No, they are not.
Please read the information on heart rate in your text.
1. The ACSM recommends that you know the low end (50%) and the high end (85%) of your maximum heart rate (MHR). These values tell you what range your heart rate should be in beats per minute when exercising. This range of values (65-85% of MHR) is called your Target Heart Rate (THR).
2. Calculate your THR (target heart rate):
a. Subtract your age from 220: 220 – 51 = 169. This number is your maximum heart rate (MHR) in beats per minute.
b. Find the low end (50%) of your MHR. 169 x 50% ≈ 85
c. Find the low high (85%) of your MHR. 169 x 85% ≈ 144
3. It is sometimes inconvenient to take your pulse for a minute, so we divide each rate by 6. This will give you your 10-second pulse rate.
a. The 10-second rate for my low end THR = 85 / 6 ≈ 14
b. The 10-second rate for my high end THR = 144 / 6 = 24
4. Ideally, when exercising, your heart rate should be between 70-85% of your MHR for maximum physical benefits. You have already found the high end (85%). Find your ideal THR for exercising by now finding 70% of your MHR. Show all work below.
70% of MHR = 169 x 70% ≈ 118
Please remember that this paper is open-access and other students can use it too.
If you need an original paper created exclusively for you, hire one of our brilliant writers!
- Paper Writer
- Write My Paper For Me
- Paper Writing Help
- Buy A Research Paper
- Cheap Research Papers For Sale
- Pay For A Research Paper
- College Essay Writing Services
- College Essays For Sale
- Write My College Essay
- Pay For An Essay
- Research Paper Editor
- Do My Homework For Me
- Buy College Essays
- Do My Essay For Me
- Write My Essay For Me
- Cheap Essay Writer
- Argumentative Essay Writer
- Buy An Essay
- Essay Writing Help
- College Essay Writing Help
- Custom Essay Writing
- Case Study Writing Services
- Case Study Writing Help
- Essay Writing Service