Good Example Of Essay On American Gangs
Since the inception of the American society, it has been plagued with the vice of gangs running the streets and affecting the way people conduct their daily activities. One of the primary reasons for the existence of gangs is the fact that America is host to people from various races and since they face discrimination from others, militia gangs cropped up to protect its population. Hence, why we have gangs related to the Latinos, African Americans, and that native white people. • How does the formal structure of outlaw motorcycle gangs affect the way in which the gangs conduct themselves as individuals and groups?
Most gangs have a code that they operate on, and the outlaw motorcycle gangs are no exception. A structure is necessary to help the gang thrive. This is where they have a setting similar to that of the corporate world where they are divided into various departments where each has a particular task to handle facilitating their functions.
• How does the formal structure and impact make these gangs different from street gangs? The presence of an official structure is important because it mainly prevents in fighting where almost every member wants to be in charge and fro cases where in fighting is present, the likelihood of that gang falling apart is very possible. That is why street gangs will not be able to acquire extensive territories as compared to outlaw motorcycle gangs were the main reason is due to the absence of a formal structure. An outlaw motorcycle gang will also have grip on a territory for longer periods of time than street gangs since the formal structure dictates who will take charge of the gang after the absence current leader for whatever reason (Birzer, 318). • The differences in dress of a typical street gang member and an outlaw biker. What does the term "colors" refer to and what does it mean to an outlaw biker?
There is a significant difference between typical street gangs and outlaw biker gangs with regards to how they dress. Typical street gangs in most cases will not have their official attire that can be affiliated with them, while the outlaw biker gangs will have a similar fashion dress that is easy to associate with. These are tattoos, piercings and skull ornaments (Abadinsky, 226). These are what that can be referred to as gang colors. They will wear them proudly to show where there believes lie and send the message that no one is to mess with them.
Abadinsky, Howard. Organized Crime. Boston, Mass.: Allyn and Bacon, 2009. Print.
Birzer, Michael L. Introduction to Criminal Investigation. Boca Raton, FL: CRC, 2012. Print.
Please remember that this paper is open-access and other students can use it too.
If you need an original paper created exclusively for you, hire one of our brilliant writers!
- Paper Writer
- Write My Paper For Me
- Paper Writing Help
- Buy A Research Paper
- Cheap Research Papers For Sale
- Pay For A Research Paper
- College Essay Writing Services
- College Essays For Sale
- Write My College Essay
- Pay For An Essay
- Research Paper Editor
- Do My Homework For Me
- Buy College Essays
- Do My Essay For Me
- Write My Essay For Me
- Cheap Essay Writer
- Argumentative Essay Writer
- Buy An Essay
- Essay Writing Help
- College Essay Writing Help
- Custom Essay Writing
- Case Study Writing Services
- Case Study Writing Help
- Essay Writing Service