Good Example Of Essay On Antidepressants And Ethnicity

Type of paper: Essay

Topic: America, White, People, Race, Social Issues, Society, Drugs, Inequality

Pages: 1

Words: 275

Published: 2021/01/09

New WowEssays Premium Database!

Find the biggest directory of over
1 million paper examples!

How society sees you will immediately be based on your physical appearance and behavior towards the normal that it has engraved in our minds. The society clearly favors those with pale complexion, straight, slim, and pointy nose. This is the image of what beautiful to them. That’s why it’s no wonder that there would be inequality over the other race when it comes to medicinal access.
According to the findings of the research conducted, only 40% of the Medicaid depressed patients were not judged by their gender, race, or ethnicity (Comer). This means the other 60% have been discriminated and were not treated equally. White Americans are favored above everyone else. They were given the new, probably more effective and expensive antidepressant drugs. This might be because they would want the depression to be healed at a fast rate so that the White American could continue on living and doing work for his or her country. The research showed that the White Americans, compared to Hispanic Americans and African Americans, are likely to be prescribed with antidepressant medications even if it’s only the early stages of the treatment. The medicines that were given to the Hispanic and African Americans were the older drugs and were less expensive. This means that they would want to spend less money to the people with darker skin when it comes with insurance. Also, compared to the White Americans, the Hispanic and African Americans receive fewer prescriptions.
In conclusion, there is still discrimination despite the people who firmly fight for inequality. But, this is health that we are talking about. People should be treated equally in this field for we all have equal rights to live freely and comfortably.

Reference

Comer, R. J. (2013). Disorders of Mood. In Fundamentals of Abnormal Psychology (7th ed., p. 182). Worth.

Cite this page
Choose cite format:
  • APA
  • MLA
  • Harvard
  • Vancouver
  • Chicago
  • ASA
  • IEEE
  • AMA
WePapers. (2021, January, 09) Good Example Of Essay On Antidepressants And Ethnicity. Retrieved December 07, 2021, from https://www.wepapers.com/samples/good-example-of-essay-on-antidepressants-and-ethnicity/
"Good Example Of Essay On Antidepressants And Ethnicity." WePapers, 09 Jan. 2021, https://www.wepapers.com/samples/good-example-of-essay-on-antidepressants-and-ethnicity/. Accessed 07 December 2021.
WePapers. 2021. Good Example Of Essay On Antidepressants And Ethnicity., viewed December 07 2021, <https://www.wepapers.com/samples/good-example-of-essay-on-antidepressants-and-ethnicity/>
WePapers. Good Example Of Essay On Antidepressants And Ethnicity. [Internet]. January 2021. [Accessed December 07, 2021]. Available from: https://www.wepapers.com/samples/good-example-of-essay-on-antidepressants-and-ethnicity/
"Good Example Of Essay On Antidepressants And Ethnicity." WePapers, Jan 09, 2021. Accessed December 07, 2021. https://www.wepapers.com/samples/good-example-of-essay-on-antidepressants-and-ethnicity/
WePapers. 2021. "Good Example Of Essay On Antidepressants And Ethnicity." Free Essay Examples - WePapers.com. Retrieved December 07, 2021. (https://www.wepapers.com/samples/good-example-of-essay-on-antidepressants-and-ethnicity/).
"Good Example Of Essay On Antidepressants And Ethnicity," Free Essay Examples - WePapers.com, 09-Jan-2021. [Online]. Available: https://www.wepapers.com/samples/good-example-of-essay-on-antidepressants-and-ethnicity/. [Accessed: 07-Dec-2021].
Good Example Of Essay On Antidepressants And Ethnicity. Free Essay Examples - WePapers.com. https://www.wepapers.com/samples/good-example-of-essay-on-antidepressants-and-ethnicity/. Published Jan 09, 2021. Accessed December 07, 2021.
Copy

Share with friends using:

Please remember that this paper is open-access and other students can use it too.

If you need an original paper created exclusively for you, hire one of our brilliant writers!

GET UNIQUE PAPER
Related Premium Essays
Contact us
Chat now