Compare and contrast essays are assigned at schools for many reasons. On the one hand, they are relatively easy to understand and have a simple structure. On the other hand, such assignments allow learners to develop critical thinking skills while approaching various subjects. If you are struggling with finding inspiration to come up with an interesting topic, our list of ideas should help you deal with this issue. Moreover, on our website, you can order a unique sample essay and, as a result, submit your writing task without delays.
Congrats to you for winning
You can use it on one order over $
Spin & get bonuses
How to Choose Informative but Easy Compare and Contrast Essay Topics?
A working idea for a compare and contrast essay should be attention-grabbing and thought-provoking. Tutors and professors usually recommend staying away from mainstream topics. Be creative! Here are some tips to consider:
- Keep your paper relevant to the academic materials within your discipline. Nevertheless, you can cover various historical events, places, situations and investigate the lives of real or fictional people.
- Perform thorough online and offline research about your subject. Head to the library or find a bit of inspiration when watching TV documentaries. Read the most topical articles to stay tuned for the trending events. The Internet is an excellent source of exceptional compare and contrast paper ideas if based on academically clear and credible information.
- Demonstrate your critical thinking. Show off how you can connect your expertise to various subjects and topics. Don’t feel shy – express what you really think and feel. It’s a great opportunity to stand out from your classmates.
Still have no ideas of topics to write a compare and contrast essay on? Check out the list of handpicked paper titles for different levels of education from our vetted experts.
Compare and contrast essay topics for kids
Not only college-goers need to write compare & contrast papers. It’s a common task for elementary students as well. Of course, young learners get the simplest homework tasks and essay topic as they lack the experience to investigate something more complex than something like these:
- Reading books and watching TV: are these activities similar in the impression?
- Compare and contrast your parents.
- What is your most and least favorite food? Why?
- Provide common features and differences between your two favorite sports.
Compare and contrast essay topics middle school students can write on
Take a look at these compare and contrast topics for middle school learners! They are relatively simple yet touch upon fairly exciting issues to write about:
- Compare and contrast role models in the 1990s and today.
- 3-star hotels or 5-star hotels: how they differ and why choose each of them?
- Parents and celebrities: who influences teenagers the most?
- Halloween Night, Christmas Night and Prom Night: which holiday do you like the most?
Compare and contrast essay topics for high school students
Compare and contrast essay is a common type of assignment in high school. There are plenty of issues to cover, so you will never be left without a topic to write about. Feel free to check the ideas below:
- Village life and big city life: where are people happier, healthier, and kinder?
- Compare and contrast political and economic regimes introduced by Putin and Trump.
- Full freedom or parental control: which is the best option?
- 18th-century living and modern life: are Americans more free now and is the modern society still divided into classes?
Good compare and contrast essay topics for college students
And finally comes funny college years with independent life on campus, many writing assignments and passing exams. If you are assigned with a compare and contrast essay, don’t freak out – we are ready to cover your back with a couple of bright college level topics.
- Compare and contrast Lincoln and Washington.
- High school education or college learning: what requires more academic rigor and diligence?
- Seasonal jobs and part-time jobs: what are the benefits of each option?
- Service sector jobs and manufacturing jobs: what is the better choice for college students?
Example Selection of Funny Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
Want to catch your readers’ attention? How about writing a humorous paper that will make your professor laugh, remember you and put you a better grade? Consider several amusing ideas below:
- What is more important: food or sleep, partying or studying?
- Would you rather be a cat or a dog?
- Let the battle begin: traditional photos vs. selfies
- Differences in the lifestyle of young and elderly people
Still confused and troubled with thinking up a strong compare and contrast essay topic? Looking for professional academic assistance? Try ordering cheap essays for sale from WowEssays.com. We have been on the market for many years and have provided high-quality assistance to thousands of students, which is proven by multiple positive paper writing service reviews. Our writers aren’t magicians but they can still do some magic with writing assignments of any complexity level and urgency. Forget about all your negative emotions caused by academic overload and let us solve this small issue easily and quickly!