Struggle to find some great topics for a descriptive essay? Don’t write about something ordinary like your last visit to grandma. Keep away from stereotypes and try to create your own story. It might seem a challenging task; however, with our tips and ideas, you will definitely craft an interesting descriptive paper. Moreover, if for some reason, you still don’t manage to compose so-much needed piece, you can do that with our assistance as well. Contact us today and learn in detail how this can be done.
Congrats to you for winning
You can use it on one order over $
Spin & get bonuses
How to Come Up with Good Descriptive Essay Topics?
As a student, you should be familiar with descriptive essay writing and know that this type of narrative is to provide the audience with detailed information about an idea or subject in question. Besides, such essays should be gripping, impressive and let the readers learn something significant and new. Some students make a big mistake when they think any descriptive paper will be good enough regardless of their selected topics, but they’re wrong. Be sure to choose the idea to speak over very carefully. And when you face the dilemma about what are some good topics to select, feel free to use the following tips:
- Childhood memories. We all have them, and obviously, you’re not an exception. Don’t hesitate to share your personal thoughts and feelings even if it’s something humorous.
- Picturesque views. Amazing sceneries of nature gives a lot of prompts for students to use their creativity to the fullest. Be sure to select the right words to describe beloved views and help the readers to imagine them too.
- Embarrassing times. For those who are looking for fresh topics for a descriptive paper, humor can help become a writing genius. Speak about some funny moment that happened to you in the past.
- Any other personal ideas. To put it shortly, you are welcome to write about anything that touches you: different experiences, places you visited, and even influencing the lives of other people. Start with the ideas collected by our professional writers below.
Descriptive Essay Topics for College Students
Descriptive essays are a common assignment for college students. Even if young learners don’t feel like writing, such a task is an excellent opportunity to remember sweet moments, review their experience and reflect on some important things in their life. Don’t know what to write about? Enjoy our list of topics and get the most of your college assignments.
- What is the hobby you enjoy in your spare time? How often do you go for it? Why do you like it?
- What was the most blush-making moment in your life? How did you feel that time?
- Describe the meal or any food you like the most. Is it spicy or sweet? When do you usually eat it?
- Remember your first year as a college student. What are the most important things you learnt?
- What kind of job would you like to have after graduation?
Descriptive Essay Topics for High School Students
High school students are also likely to get descriptive essays as an assignment throughout their school years. If you are assigned this type of paper, do your best to find out as much as possible about this task and follow the requirements given by your tutor or teacher. Don’t fret if you don’t know what to describe – we will get you covered with a couple of ideas in this article. The good news is that they’re applicable even for middle school students. No matter whether you are in grade 5, grade 6, grade 7, grade 8 or grade 9, you’ll surely find something suitable for you.
Easy descriptive essay topics about places
- Write about a peaceful place that you have visited.
- Describe a location that exists only in your imagination.
- Remember a family member’s or friend’s house you love spending time at.
- Think over a factory or a plant. Describe the construction process, atmosphere, sounds, and smells.
- Describe your favorite store or shopping center.
Topics to write a descriptive essay on people
- Think of any aspect of someone you like (smile, style of dress, the way he or she talks, etc.) and describe it.
- Describe yourself to a person who has never met you.
- How would you describe an average person to an alien?
- Who is your favorite character from a TV show (for example, Clark Kent, Piper Halliwell, etc.)?
- Choose any famous villain and describe his/her personality.
Examples of descriptive essay topics about experiences
- Have you ever been alone in a group of strangers? What did you feel? How did other people react to you?
- Remember your first time falling in love.
- What associations do you have with the winter holidays? Do you celebrate Christmas?
- Describe the day of your life when something has changed your vision.
- Have you ever spoken in front of the crowd? Did you feel excited or nervous?
Don’t forget that the title for your descriptive essay should reflect the main reason why you decided to write this paper. You should just speak about some interesting moments from your life but rather convey your personal feelings and a more profound main point. Follow our ideas and tips to produce top-notch content. However, if you need any further assistance with academic writing or are looking to pay for essay cheap and use it as a reference, we are here for you. Hire our professional research paper writers online, and they will gladly lend you a helping hand.