English is probably the only school subject for which universities almost always require a full four years of study. Thus, you’ll be studying this discipline throughout all the stages of your education, starting from English as the main subject in elementary school and ending with English courses in college.
In general, while studying this discipline, students read, analyze and write different types of essays: narrative, persuasive, discursive, definition, expository, proposal, etc. If your professor hasn’t limited you to a specific topic for your paper, for example, English literature or some current issue to explore, you may run into a problem such as a lack of ideas for an essay. To write a worthy paper, you don’t need to get through 101 topics – you only need one that will be interesting to you and will allow you to conduct in-depth research and draw powerful conclusions.
Right here you can find a list of different topics suitable for the main types of academic writing. These easy essay topics in English can become your source of inspiration to come up with your own idea. So check them out right now!
Congrats to you for winning
You can use it on one order over $
Spin & get bonuses
Narrative English Extended Essay Topics
In short, a narrative essay implies telling a kind of story, most often about a personal experience, but you should also provide a point of view. Perhaps each of us has something to share. With such an assignment, your goal is to explain the importance of a particular experience.
Narrative paper is the most common written task for middle school. So if you need to find a suitable topic for this type of essay for English in grade 7, take a look at the following ideas:
- Talk about experiences that have helped you overcome your fear.
- Describe an event in your life that taught you to value what you have.
- If you could change one historical event, what would it be?
- The thing that inspires me the most.
The Best Expository College English Essay Topics
College students are often asked to write an expository essay for their English classes. The goal of such a task is to reveal the idea in a logical and straightforward way. In general, it is an analysis of a fact-based topic without reference to the opinions or emotions of the author. Here you can find the best expository English essay topics for college students:
- Explain why you are interested in a specific career.
- Describe the factors that cause the most stress in a student’s life.
- Explain the consequences of drug trafficking.
- To characterize the possible impacts of the abolition of the death penalty.
Proposal English Essay Topics for High School Students
High school students are often given the task of writing a proposal essay. The essence is clear from the name of the paper: you need to offer an idea or solution to the problem and prove why your proposal is good. Check out ideas for a proposal paper that are well suited for students in grade 12, as well as for 9th grade students:
- Speak about possible ways to fight terrorism.
- What can be done with the problem of excessive use of plastic?
- What can encourage people to lead a healthy lifestyle?
- How can teachers stop bullying at school?
Persuasive Essay Writing Topics in English
Argumentative and persuasive essays are the two most common types of academic writing both in school and college. Despite their difference, they have something in common – you need to develop a strong idea and prove your case with the help of arguments and facts. Take a look at the persuasive essay topics higher English list including both with easy ideas for grade 8 and more complex college-suitable topics:
- Do you think physical education lessons are essential for students? Why?
- Should paper books go out of use? Should we replace them with electronic ones? Explain your point of view.
- Is the concept of feminism reasonable at this stage in the development of society?
- Should manifestations of racism be criminally punished? Why/Why not?
Did you find a topic but still can’t handle the essay? Are you thinking, “I wish I had someone to write my paper for me”? Well, in fact, you have. Thanks to our paper writing service, written assignments are no longer a problem. Professional authors can provide assistance for any type of essay, for a research paper, for interview with answers and other tasks. Ordering a paper does not carry any risks because it is completely confidential. All you need to do is to place an order via the simple online form, clarify your instructions to the assigned writer, approve the pdf version of your paper he sends you and then download the entire piece in Word format. Hence, save your time and use it more effectively!