Without any doubt, ‘The Metamorphosis’ by Franz Kafka is one of the greatest works in the history of the world’s literature. Essay on this book is a typical assignment for high school and college students, so you are likely to get an academic paper about it at least once during the years of studies. Having to pick up good topics for ‘The Metamorphosis’ essays among the variety of possible ideas can turn a complicated yet engaging task. Even though there are many samples to explore on the Internet, you may end up with the feeling that you can’t come up with something new or really interesting. To give you a helping hand, we’ve prepared a list of fresh ideas you can use to start your paper.
At the same time, to allow you to get the job done with the minimum effort, we are ready to craft an entirely original paper on ‘The Metamorphosis’ at a very affordable price.
Congrats to you for winning
You can use it on one order over $
Spin & get bonuses
What Are Simple Topics to Write About Based on ‘The Metamorphosis’ Franz Kafka essay?
In his short story ‘The Metamorphosis,’ Franz Kafka reflects on the estrangement from society. Eventually, it turns the main character, a human, into a bug. In addition to this, the author explores how being a part of society and cooperating with others can turn people into lesser life forms that have much more in common with instinctual and thoughtless insects. Before you start writing, take some time and try to understand the philosophic approach Kafka had. You are welcome to consider the following topics:
- In ‘The Metamorphosis,’ Franz Kafka leaves a lot unexplained. Discuss how this sense of ambiguity affects the story’s power.
- Choose any motif or recurring idea of the story and examine its significance to the interpretations of The Metamorphosis.
- What did the author try to convey through Gregor Samsa’s metamorphosis?
- Reflect on the title ‘The Metamorphosis.’ Think of the alternative options.
- Is Gregor Samsa to blame for having incurred such fate?
How to Focus on Society and Ethics Issues in ‘The Metamorphosis’ Analysis Essay?
Kafka’s works are well-known for their exploration of the curse of bureaucracy and dehumanizing effects of the modern way of living – all of those things that come up when we hear the word ‘Kafkaesque.’ This can be seen in Gregor Samsa’s attitude towards his job and the behavior of characters who are not members of his family. In your essay, you are free to reflect on the moral and social issues raised by the author. The following ideas might become handy for you:
- What does ‘The Metamorphosis’ tell us about how we define ourselves?
- With Gregor no longer the family’s breadwinner, how does their status change? Does the family adjust to it well?
- How does Kafka explore the importance of the ability to communicate and how it influences our life?
- To what extent do the depth and strength of our relationships with others make us human?
- Do you think that Gregor Samsa should be treated differently because he is in the bug’s body?
What Are the Possible ‘The Metamorphosis’ Essay Questions on Existentialism?
Existentialism is a philosophic field focused on the choice and the idea that human beings must exist before they can have any values. The underlying issue of ‘The Metamorphosis’ story is the existentialist point of view that a given choice shapes the process of the human’s life and is the primary motivation for this individual to make a choice. Try analyzing the existentialism concepts embedded in the story with the following topics:
- What are the attributes in Kafka’s thinking that one can label him an existentialist?
- Explain the existentialist concepts used in ‘The Metamorphosis’ by Franz Kafka.
- Why can Gregor’s transformation in the book serve as an example of existentialism?
What Are the Best Topic Options for ‘The Metamorphosis’ Literary Analysis Essay?
Books can’t boast of the luxury of depicting visuals like movies, so writers use literary techniques to add specific effects to their perceptions. Throughout the content of the story, Franz Kafka employs many literary devices such as thematic and allegorical expressions, irony, symbols so that to accentuate the notions of isolation and distortion. Why not provide some vivid examples in your essay?
- How does the tone of the narrator in the opening scene of the story contrast with the fantasy aspects in the text?
- What are the main literary techniques used by Kafka in ‘The Metamorphosis,’ and why are they used?
- Why did the author use an insect as the preferred creature that Gregor Samsa would transform into?
‘The Metamorphosis’ Critical Essay: How to Add Originality to Your Paper?
Have you ever thought that Cinderella and ‘The Metamorphosis’ have something in common? Well, to start with, both main characters have unloving families. Cinderella’s mother-in-law forced her to be her servant. In turn, Gregor’s family made him feel like an outcast in his own house. They both felt very lonely, and this motif is what drives the plotline. Want to stand out of the crowd? Try to find parallels with ‘The Metamorphosis’ in other famous literary works.
- How is Kafka’s ‘The Metamorphosis’ similar to or different from a typical fairytale?
- Provide a comparative analysis of ‘Monsters’ and ‘The Metamorphosis.’
- ‘The Metamorphosis’ and ‘Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein’: How they use similar techniques of unjust rejection and emotional dissimulation?
We hope that now any custom essay writing on ‘The Metamorphosis’ will be a cup of tea for you. However, if you have any questions or need any assistance, we are ready to share some tricks on how to get the highest grades. As the best paper writing service on the market, we do know how to create a paper that would impress your professor or tutor. Don’t hesitate and contact us today with your request for professional writing help!