During the literature classes, you are expected to read one of the most prominent American novels – The Great Gatsby. In this literary work, Scott Fitzgerald most clearly revealed his talent. The book contains pathos, emotional tension, romance, and a sharp, even satirical look of the realist. These properties are intertwined in the novel, creating a bright and individual plot.
Fitzgerald’s main goal is to debunk the American dream. This concept includes equal opportunities for all people, regardless of their starting capital and social origin. The author proves that a person who has put his whole life to receive material prosperity doesn’t become happier from this. On the contrary, this person loses own “I,” spiritual world and, as a result, the desire to live a full life. The novel highlights a wide range of important life issues, such as love, idealism, the strength of spirit, and human weakness.
However, it can be difficult to come up with good ideas for your literature essay about Fitzgerald’s novel. After all, your paper should catch from the first lines of the introduction, and for this, you need to pick up the right essay thesis.
Right here, you can find some good essay topics for The Great Gatsby paper, which may become your starting point. Check them out and get ready to write an excellent critical essay.
In case you don’t really have time to read the book and put together a decent paper about it, WePapers.com writers can do that for you within the tight time frame and at a reasonable cost.
Congrats to you for winning
You can use it on one order over $
Spin & get bonuses
The Great Gatsby Essay Prompts for High School
Every school in the USA has The Great Gatsby in its academic program. Some trends are changing, but classics are classics precisely because they are studied by each generation. You may or may not be asked to write an analytical essay on this literary work in high school. Yet, be sure that when you go to college, you will most likely have to compose such a paper. Therefore, pay your attention to possible The Great Gatsby essay questions:
- What do you think the title The Great Gatsby means? Is Gatsby Great?
- Outline the role of minor characters in the novel.
- The Great Gatsby movie review: does the film version have any drawbacks?
- The book review: analyze the presentation of wealth and money and their impact on society in The Great Gatsby.
Ideas for The Great Gatsby Compare and Contrast Essay
A compare and contrast paper has the purpose of evaluating the similarities and differences between two objects. This type of academic writing is a great fit for essays on literature. After all, you can compare and contrast anything you want! Take a closer look at possible ideas of The Great Gatsby essay questions:
- Are there any similarities between Gatsby and Wilson?
- The Great Gatsby movie vs book essay: which better reveals the story and why?
- In what ways are Nick Carraway and Jay Gatsby similar?
- Make a comparative analysis of the characters of Daisy and Myrtle.
The Great Gatsby Essay Examples of Topics for an Argumentative Paper
In fact, there are many different topics for The Great Gatsby essay that you may find interesting. This novel covers a vast number of issues that a student simply cannot explore in one piece. How to find the best option? Check out some excellent topics for your argumentative paper that can give you an idea of what to write about:
- The Great Gatsby themes essay: how the author aligns the different regions of America? Which of them does he write about in a more positive way: the East or the Midwest?
- Analyze the use of color in Fitzgerald’s novel. What colors are associated with things, characters, places, feelings? How does the metaphorical meaning of color affect the plot?
- Is Nick Carraway a reliable storyteller? How does his own point of view influence the story?
- The Great Gatsby American dream essay: does the author really criticize this concept?
The Great Gatsby Literary Analysis Essay Topics
The literary analysis includes the study of elements such as characters, decor, tone, images and stylistic devices, and reflections on how the author uses these elements to create specific effects. Here are some worthy ideas to help you write an excellent literary analysis on Fitzgerald’s novel:
- The Great Gatsby symbolism essay: how does the author combine the plotline and the symbolic meaning used in the story?
- The American dream in The Great Gatsby essay: how the author reveals its essence with the help of metaphors and symbols?
- The Great Gatsby analysis: think about the hidden meaning of the book title.
- The Great Gatsby critical essay: can this novel be considered a satirical depiction of the society of that time?
Easy Great Gatsby Essay Titles
Still didn’t select a suitable topic? Then check out this list of the easiest The Great Gatsby titles. Remember that even if they look simple, it doesn’t mean that they are not good.
- Think about what makes Gatsby great.
- Write about your favorite The Great Gatsby character. Explain why you chose this particular character.
- The corruption of the American dream: the main idea of the novel.
- Love in The Great Gatsby: what role do romantic feelings play in a novel?
Keep in mind that If you have difficulty writing an academic paper, you can always take advantage of professional paper writer services. That said, keep in mind that WePapers.com can get you practical and effective writing assistance, including college admissions essay help.