Enclosing thousands of years of human history, Western civilization is a domain that can impress anyone with its diversity. In a paper on Western civilization, you’re free to write about cultures, movements, wars, ideas, and great thinkers. You can cover any period from the present day to ancient Egypt and even earlier. Even though Western civilization is one of the broadest topics, your essay on it definitely shouldn’t be like that. In order to succeed, you should narrow it to just one time period, one person, or one cultural progression.
Whether you are writing a term paper or a short high school essay on Western civilization history, you might need some guidance and professional advice. In this blog post, we reveal everything you need to know about writing a great Western civilization research paper. Besides, we offer an ultimate list of smart essay topics meant to spark your writing enthusiasm.
Apart from inspiring you, we can also provide more “hands-on” assistance in the form of delivering unique academic papers of any format on virtually any topic. Full confidentiality guaranteed!
Congrats to you for winning
You can use it on one order over $
Spin & get bonuses
What Are Some of the Most Interesting Western Civilization Research Paper Topics?
Thanks to its diversity, Western civilization is a subject that can offer you dozens of great topics to study. You can look through the textbooks, scholarly journals, scientific publications, and online resources to find some inspiring ideas. As soon as you pick a topic that sparks your curiosity, you can start researching it in detail and planning your paper. Your passion for the subject is a sure way to make your work outstanding.
If you choose to write on more common topics (for example, on a branch of religion, achievements of a famous philosopher or a scientist, or a major historical event), try presenting it from an unexpected point of view to make your essay sound fresh and exciting.
Here are some interesting Western civilization topics that may result in a worthy piece of writing:
- Anglo-Saxon settlement and its importance in the history of England.
- The invention of dictionaries, their evolution, and importance for human communication.
- The significance of the Etruscans in ancient Western Civilization.
- What would modern history be like if WWII never happened?
- What influence did Socrates’ works have on his time, and how are they significant today?
What Should You Consider When Choosing Argumentative Essay Topics Western Civilization?
The goal of any argumentative essay is to convince the audience that your point of view on a particular subject is more legitimate than all others. This statement is correct for the papers on Western civilization, too. Using logic and reason will aid you in composing a convincing essay. If you get to deal with controversial topics, make sure that all arguments you provide sound solid and support your thesis statement.
We hope that these argumentative topics on Western civilization will inspire you:
- The Catholic church played a crucial role in building Western civilization.
- How significant was the role of religion in the development of the Western world?
- The battle of Thermopylae as an event that marked the birth of Western Civilization.
- Ancient Athens and its influence on modern Western society.
- Present-day Western views on gender and race.
Good Western Civilization Paper Topics for All Academic Levels
What’s so special about studying Western civilizations? This niche can offer something interesting and new to students of any age and academic level. With an immense amount of information available on this subject, it shouldn’t be a trouble for you to find enough facts and data on whichever essay topic you choose. Though, remember to double-check all information and refer to reliable sources only.
Further, we provide some apt ideas for students of various academic levels:
- The role of Greece in shaping Western civilization.
- Peculiarities of the educational system in Western culture.
- What caused the Roman Empire to collapse?
- The most prominent artist of the Renaissance (your choice).
- What were the reasons and significance of Antoni Gaudi’s works in architecture?
Engaging Western Civilization Research Topics for College Students
It’s no secret that as a college student, you need to apply more effort to get the desired grade. College essays aim to hone your analytical and writing skills and help you investigate the already known questions in greater detail. To a large extent, the success of your future essay depends upon a theme you pick for it.
Below we offer a few advanced topics that will make your college essay on Western civilization shine:
- How did the discovery of the New World influence the European countries?
- The key reasons behind the rise of Christianity.
- The importance of Rosetta Stone as an ultimate ancient key.
- The reasons for building Stonehenge and its possible functions.
- The role of agriculture in growing of ancient civilizations into larger populations.
Interesting as it is, Western civilization is an incredibly broad topic, and sometimes writing an essay on it can be challenging. If you can’t decide on the right theme for your Western civilization paper or have a hard time composing it, you may ask a pro writer, “Please, write my college essay for me!” Luckily, you can always rely on WePapers.com – arguably, the best paper writing service out there, which will craft a perfect 100% original essay on your request in no time.