The Garden State Nurse Mentorship Program is a voluntary program bridging mentors and mentees for a six-month formal mentoring relationship. The overarching goal is to engender a mentoring and collegial culture in the workplace that translates to enhanced staff development, job satisfaction, recruitment, and retention. The following are the program objectives:
1) Build encouraging and supportive relationships between new and established nurses
2) Provide guidance to new nurses in their personal and professional growth
3) Establish collegial relationships among the nursing staff
4) Promote the integration of theory into the correctional nursing practice
5) Enable the communication of learning Continue reading...