Abercrombie & Fitch Article Review Examples
New WowEssays Premium Database!
Find the biggest directory of over
1 million paper examples!
1. Abercrombie & Fitch has a very specific vision. Although not necessarily a mission, it provides their customers with some idea of their long-standing dedication to selling high-quality clothing. According to abercrombie.com (n.d.), "The only way to appreciate Abercrombie & Fitch is to genuinely experience it—which you can do by heading to one of our US, Canadian or International stores or websites. For over 100 years we have dedicated ourselves to designing and producing the highest quality All-American clothing. However, as we continue to create the coolest clothes, counterfeiters are making cheap knockoffs that are often mistaken for the real deal. The only way to be sure you're buying genuine Abercrombie & Fitch gear is from one of our stores or websites." Also found was the following, which reads as more of a mission statement: "We are committed to embracing the diversity of our associates and management throughout our organization. On the surface, our dedication to maintaining a diverse working and shopping environment can be easily seen by walking through one of our stores, domestically and internationally. More notably, Abercrombie & Fitch’s commitment can be seen through our exceptional diversity programs, whether they are internal or external, and the results they yield. Diversity reflects the multidimensional insights we share collectively. Simply put, it is imperative to our growth that we staff our business with diverse talent and run our business with an inclusive mindset" (abercrombie.com, n.d.)
2. Abercrombie & Fitch's position strategy is for the consumer to associate the brand with high-quality, casual, "preppy" clothing. The potential target is customers who fit the demographic of being either male or female, 12 to 18 years old, as well as 18 to 20-something. An especially important aspect of their target market is that it is aimed towards white, upper-class youth, and is highly-discriminatory. Curiously, their website shows no minority models, and also shows no plus-size models. One of the differentiators that can create an enormous benefit for the corporation is the "knockoffs", or "uncool" brands, as Abercrombie & Fitch's vision statement declares. Their competition includes Aeropostale, American Eagle Outfitters, Forever 21, H&M, Land's End, and The Gap.
3. At one time, the brand's identity symbols "Abercrombie & Fitch" and its trademark moose had very large typography, but that has changed recently. Its other brands (namely, Ruehl) are supposed to elicit a prep school ambience, while Gilly Hicks, a young women's lingerie brand. Former CEO Michael Jeffries' personality has reinforced the brand's personality over a period of about 20 years -- having a sort of exclusive, casual, and sexy personality that none other than Jeffries himself insisted was "the cool brand" (bloomberg.com, 2015).
4. The article in Bloomberg Business asserted that the brand no longer stood for what is cool. Instead, the article stated that A&F's customer base and target market now perceive the brand as passé, as they shop at so-called fast-fashion stores that sell cheaper clothing. Bloomberg Business also stated -- as well as implied by its many pics of senior citizens -- that A&F is geared more towards the elderly, as opposed to young preps. This points to a disparity in how the brand is positioned and its positioning.
5. Personally, I have never shopped for clothes at an Abercrombie & Fitch store. After looking at their website, it appears that their clothing is nothing special -- the ripped jeans, in fact, are completely out-of-style. Besides, if I wanted the ripped-jean look, I would tear them myself. The fact that all the models on the website were white (and appeared affluent) was unappealing and unsurprising after reading the Bloomberg Business piece which pointed out lawsuits that were settled by A&F for discriminatory hiring practices. I think this company should liquidate its holdings, and get out of the business as soon as it can.
Abercrombie & Fitch. (n.d.) Retrieved from http://www.abercrombie.com/shop/us
Bloomberg Business. (n.p.). (22 Jan 2015). The aging of Abercrombie & Fitch. Retrieved from http://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2015-01-22/the-aging-of-abercrombie-fitch- i58ltcqx
Please remember that this paper is open-access and other students can use it too.
If you need an original paper created exclusively for you, hire one of our brilliant writers!
- Paper Writer
- Write My Paper For Me
- Paper Writing Help
- Buy A Research Paper
- Cheap Research Papers For Sale
- Pay For A Research Paper
- College Essay Writing Services
- College Essays For Sale
- Write My College Essay
- Pay For An Essay
- Research Paper Editor
- Do My Homework For Me
- Buy College Essays
- Do My Essay For Me
- Write My Essay For Me
- Cheap Essay Writer
- Argumentative Essay Writer
- Buy An Essay
- Essay Writing Help
- College Essay Writing Help
- Custom Essay Writing
- Case Study Writing Services
- Case Study Writing Help
- Essay Writing Service